Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2015, 2:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mrondeau
I bought a 2015 Equinox in Dec 2014. It's been in the shop 5-6 times for bluetooth issues. When i use BT for speech to text or phone calls it won't disengage when i end the call or speech. I get static and the radio can't be used or stations changed. Eventually the display goes blank and even after i shut the car off the radio display stays on and eventually kills the battery.

They've done everything from change the remote starter bc they thought it was a bad ground to replace the radio and it's still happening. Even after they replaced the radio, i would get in the car, start it and drive and then hear, "Call ended" when i haven't even used the BT. SO FRUSTRATING
Hello Mrondeau,

We can definitely imagine your frustrations, and we apologize for the unexpected concerns with the Bluetooth feature on your Equinox. Have you considered giving our Infotainment Team? They can be contacted at 855-478-7767. However, if you are continuing to not have any luck with this, please feel free to reach out to us in a private message for additional assistance. We would be happy to utilize all of our resources to find a possible resolution.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 10th, 2015, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hmmmm. I bought a 2015 Equinox in March of this year and it's been back 4 times already. The dealer can't find anything and this is getting worse. It started with the reset once in a while. Now the whole console freezes. (Including not being able to remove the backup camera.) at this point, the only thing to work is completely shutting off the car. Only to have it start again when the NAV system starts. I can't be the only one that see this. Please advise
Old August 18th, 2015, 10:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevrolet Equinox blue tooth problems

We purchased a new Equinox and were wondering if we had a lemon.
Using the blue tooth system with an Apple IPhone causes the radio to go into a sequence that will not power off. This leads to a dead battery and has spawned other electical issues with the car.

Our local dealership informed us not to use the blue tooth system because it is not compatible with Apple after 10 days in the shop.

Is this correct information?
Old August 21st, 2015, 10:48 PM
Skp
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevy Equinox radio freezing

3 weeks after I got my Equinox in April the radio got stuck on, couldn't change channel , after restarting screen glowed, could see volume change but no radio info, called dealer but battery died before I could get to appointment, gad to be towed. Answer was to reset computer. Also wanted to know what color on star button was and if mt iPhone was updated (green and it was). Since then radio has locked once but released, AC wasn't cooling but worked again after restarting car, USB charger not working well and bought 1gb of data for vacation, couldn't access it and when Onstar contacted they said we used it up. Today radio froze, screen glowing after restarting car, left at dealer after hours. They will either see the problem in the morning or the car battery will be dead. Videotaped radio being stuck. Love the car, just didn't want to spend thus much time chasing repairs.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bluetooth skipping

I've recently experienced the skipping in the Bluetooth in ny 2015 Equinox. When not connected Bluetooth works fine. I have verified my phometis updated and also the software in the car. Dreading going to dealership, however after reading these posts guess there isn't a fix and I have to.
Old December 14th, 2015, 8:18 PM
Newly Registered

Something for us has changed with bluetooth on our Equinox. Whenever we get into the car, our iPhone is automatically connected via bluetooth....just like it should. This is where it gets screwy. We can be listening to the radio (FM, AM, or XM) then if someone does anything on the phone (Facebook or games or whatever) the radio goes to the bluetooth connection and we hear the audio from the phone. If we get out of the video or game that produced the sound(s) the radio does not go back to what it was on...it just stays on bluetooth "paused".
This is something that recently changed.... phone calls work fine, comes over the radio then disconnects fine - and radio comes back on...
Old December 16th, 2015, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Radio Console problem

I bought my 2015 Equinox 4/2015 with 12 miles on it. We had started to notice problems with the radio within the past 2 months. Radio console would randomly reset itself while driving down the road. It will disable everything from the radio and bluetooth to the controls of the air controls. After the 4th time it reset itself while using the navigation system, I finally took it into the Dealership. This is how the my repairs have gone.

1st time into the shop 12/7/15--tried to download new software but dealership couldn't figure out how to do it, must bring it back.

2nd time into the shop (4 days later 12/11/15)--erased software and downloaded new updated software, problem should be fixed. Drove 200 miles and problem came back and now the bluetooth stopped working completely. Called Dealership when the problem happened and asked for them to order a new radio, but they said that they couldn't do that.

3rd time into the shop (7 days after first attempt at repair 12/14/15)--still currently in the shop (they have had it for 2 days). They erased software again and downloaded new updated software, and problem came back yet again. They are now waiting on new radio (if they would have listened to me before....) to arrive and to install.

Needless to say, if it isn't fixed this time, I will be writing a letter to Chevy and asking them to purchase the car back under the Lemon Law. This is extremely frustrating, especially since it was a new car off the lot.
Old March 5th, 2016, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation

2012 Equinox with the upgraded 4G LTE radio for Canada:

iPhone 4S pairs with radio but on out-going calls the distortion is so bad the ring tone sounds like 427 redlined and if the party answers, speech is so distorted it sounds like two Hollywood aliens.

When I took it in to the dealership, the phone could not be heard through the car speakers when dialing or answering, a new problem for some reason. The service writer unpaired the phone and from that point on the phone would not pair again and the radio would not shut off when the ignition was turned off. Some hours later wile toying with the radio I pressed down the off button for 20 seconds. Nothing happened immediately but about 10 seconds later while I was back in the menus the radio suddenly shut off.

The dealership said the could find nothing wrong with it. So my iPhone 6S works fine but my 4S has distortion ONLY on outgoing calls.

While talked with GM Infortainment over Onstar, I was informed that the Infotainment tech team confirmed there is a new fix that just came out in the last week that may address some “legacy” phone problems. I was told the dealers should be receiving a USB stick that is to be used with Dealer Bulletin 15-NA-081 issued on Feb 22, 2016.

Has anyone had this fix applied that they know of?
Old June 15th, 2016, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

I've been having issues too!
They are so common that I've been capturing them on video because sometimes I don't believe it myself!
Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aYV1UvwjGOrLm7

I'm bringing the vehicle to the dealer tomorrow and maybe they will fix it.... this will be the 4th time I've brought it in for the same problem. It seems all they will do is provide a software update but that hasn't resolved my issue in the past.

Good luck!
Old August 6th, 2016, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default blue tooth connection

equonix no longer connects to android phone, have paired it but will not connect.was working fine for 1 year then suddenly quit

Quick Reply: 2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues