Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

ABS/TRAC related to EGR

Old August 24th, 2014, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so transmission came out of whatever it was doing.Drove my car thought town today and stabilitrak light came on. Hasn't came on since we repaired if and cleared codes until today. Got codes p0404 and c0561. Cleaned the tube at the same time we replaced egr valve. I am baffled as to what is causing this issue. Not sure if I need a new wiring harness or just replace tube all together. Tube wasn't dirty at all when we took it off. Maybe a crack could be the cause too. Transmission is acting up a little bit again. UGH!
Old August 24th, 2014, 5:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by momeeof2
OK, so transmission came out of whatever it was doing.Drove my car thought town today and stabilitrak light came on. Hasn't came on since we repaired if and cleared codes until today. Got codes p0404 and c0561. Cleaned the tube at the same time we replaced egr valve. I am baffled as to what is causing this issue. Not sure if I need a new wiring harness or just replace tube all together. Tube wasn't dirty at all when we took it off. Maybe a crack could be the cause too. Transmission is acting up a little bit again. UGH!
Can you clarify if P0404 and C0561 are "pending" or "intermittent" codes. The verbage used depends on the diagnostic tool that you are using, but both terms mean the same thing and point to an intermittent issue. If you don't see either of those words in the listing for the code on the scan tool, then they are confirmed codes. I'm confident that P0404 is pending and C0561 is confirmed just like in my case.

Again, pending/intermittent powertrain (Pxxxx) codes do not cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. P0404 refers to an electrical issue with the EGR valve so the tube is fine. C0561 is just the specific code that is stored whenever Stabilitrak is disabled (by the computer) for whatever reason.

I haven't had the chance to inspect our Equinox for this same issue yet.
Old August 25th, 2014, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

I am not sure if they were pending or intermittent. we are thinking it might have to do with the wiring harness. Found a nice page to help us diagnosis the EGR valve issue. Here is the link if you are interested.http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/3.1L-3.4L/egr-valve-diagnostic-tests-1.

I'll let you know what we find out and could you let us know what you find out also. Thank you.
Old October 30th, 2014, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

So, had a mechanic look at my vehicle. He thinks it might have needed a tune up. He said EGR valve working fine. Did tune up and light still coming on. I'm thinking the next thing we are going to try is the wheel sensor. This is p!ssing me off! If nothing else, I am just going to have to take to dealer. I hate that thought but don't have the $8,000 scan tool they do and I'm sure they are better diagnosing Chevys.
Old October 30th, 2014, 4:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by momeeof2
So, had a mechanic look at my vehicle. He thinks it might have needed a tune up. He said EGR valve working fine. Did tune up and light still coming on. I'm thinking the next thing we are going to try is the wheel sensor. This is p!ssing me off! If nothing else, I am just going to have to take to dealer. I hate that thought but don't have the $8,000 scan tool they do and I'm sure they are better diagnosing Chevys.
Hey there,

If you need any additional assistance into the dealership, please feel free to send a private message to us. We would be happy to look into this further, and get in touch with your dealership on your behalf.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 30th, 2014, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

I'm out of dealer warranty and my warranty is limited. I have read a few different things it could be and I just don't know where to start. Could be bad tires, low brake fluid, or wheel speed sensors. Just worried that I am going to have to keep returning to the dealer and still not have the vehicle fixed. I have read that has happened to a lot of people.