Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Need help with my 07 equinox

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2013, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my 07 equinox

Hi my name is Jason and I need help with my 07 equinox. I'm trying to install after market heated seats. I have the seats installed and the wire ran. I have the wire ran into the center console area where the radio is. I know that there isn't an ignition/ACC wire to the radio. I'm sure there is an acc wire on the power Window harness I just don't know what color it is. I don't have enough tools to check which one it would be either. Could someone please tell me what color wire I need to find. I've looked all over the Internet and to no avail. Please someone help.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The radio does have a wire that turns on the 12 volts whenever the key is in the on position. The radio also has a wire that is hot all the time. This is so that the radio does not lose it's memory. I would suggest you find an empty spot in the fuse box that is also on when the ignition is on. 2 would be better, 1 for each seat. There probably is somewhere in the fuse box a spot designated for heated seat. These are better options than wiring it in with the radio. A heating element especially 2 of them draws a lot of amps and if you put it into another circuit you could be blowing fuses. Also whichever way you do it, put an on/off switch for each seat in the circuit so that the heated seats will not be on all the time you are driving.

Last edited by oldchevy; May 6th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The heated seat kit did come with an on/off switch which is installed. The only wire that I have wired into the radio is the ground, as for the fused red wire I wired that into the fuse box via the onstar which my car does not have, I'm just having a hard time finding an ACC wire, if there is a "hot all the time wire" going to the stereo, which one is it?