Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Android phone play through audio system??

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2015, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Chevy Equinox

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and all I want to do is listen to Pandora in my car. I am a travel nurse so I am in my car for countless hours. Can someone please walk me through what I need to do to make this happen? I am definitely not a 'tech-y' type of girl but I can follow directions lol
Old February 18th, 2015, 7:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbmoore
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and all I want to do is listen to Pandora in my car. I am a travel nurse so I am in my car for countless hours. Can someone please walk me through what I need to do to make this happen? I am definitely not a 'tech-y' type of girl but I can follow directions lol
Do you have bluetooth with the 2012 equinox?

Does your 2012 equonox have MyLink?

If so - Pair your phone via bluetooth to the car. Then start the Pandora app from your car. The app should then start.
Old February 19th, 2015, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides pairing your phone to your "MyLink" radio, you will also have to choose the source...in this case either Pandora or Bluetooth streaming and have the application for Pandora in use on your phone or music device. This will then play through the radio. Please keep in mind this will use your data plan on your device.

Good luck and safe driving
Bill the Chevy Guy
Old March 26th, 2015, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Playing Audible app

I just bought a 2012 Equinox. I've managed to pair my phone with the Bluetooth in it. It's my understanding I can't use the phone for music or other apps when it's paired as the phone. I tried connecting my Verizon tablet which has Audible (Audible is an app for listening to books). When I plugged in the tablet I got a clicking sound and the display said Facebook. Even when I brought up the Audible App and played the book it didn't come through the speakers. The Aux button is grayed out. Any thoughts on how I can listen to my Audible?
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Looking to buy, but need a definitive answer

Looking to buy either a 2011 Equinox LS or a 2011 Equinox LTZ. I test drove the LS, was able to pair my phone up to the radio for calling, but unable to get it done for audio streaming while I was there. Haven't test driven the LTZ yet. Was trying to get the LS to stream audio from by Galaxy S8, but was only able to get it to connect for phone calls. A little frustrating, since as a 28 year old I doubt I'll be taking many calls when I'm driving, but I will almost always be streaming audio in one form or another.

After I finished the test drive and got home I saw this:

Looks like using a Galaxy S7Edge this guy was able to get pandora streamed onto his Chevy us GMconnect or whatever, but I was unable to find that during my test drive.

I have a couple questions.
First, do you think I'll be able to connect my S8 in the same way?

Second, you can use the steering wheel toggle selector to change songs on the phone, or if you'd need to use the skip/search buttons on the center console.

I'm in Washington, and they have a new distracted driver law in effect. touching any electronic devices such as your phone (excludes center consoles and steering wheel controls) can get you a $200 ticket. Looking to get around that. Was wondering if anyone with a 2011 equinox would try this out to see if the steering wheel controls work. Not particularly looking to go get a ticket, as my job depends on me having a clean driving record. I have a Galaxy S8 phone I use as my music player, so if newer technology helps I'd really appreciate a confirmation.

Another question: the LTZ I'm going to look at has a large LCD screen in the center dash and a DVD option in it, back-up camera, navigation, and all that. This means it is the infotainment option, correct? that means I should be able to get bluetooth music streaming, right? none of the hassle associated with the non-infotainment versions? would the steering wheel controls work for controlling my phone without actually touching it?