Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Battery dying

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2015, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery dying

Ok so I have a mystery on my hand. For over a year my car has been doing this and we just can't seem to figure it out. My car battery is dying, even after 15 min of sitting there it will die. When you jump start it , it hardly need a charge and it starts right up. (No it's not the battery cable connection) so I noticed the fan stayed on for a really long time when it shouldn't, so I pulled the HVAC fuse and it didn't ever die unless I put it back in and left the car off. But this only happens when it's hot, when the weather is cold I don't have the take the fuse out and it never dies. I've replaced the battery, the alternator, the blower control module , and now it still dies. It's a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I also thought it was the fan relay, replaced it... Didn't fix it. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated. 😔😔😔
Old May 29th, 2015, 7:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Shena
Ok so I have a mystery on my hand. For over a year my car has been doing this and we just can't seem to figure it out. My car battery is dying, even after 15 min of sitting there it will die. When you jump start it , it hardly need a charge and it starts right up. (No it's not the battery cable connection) so I noticed the fan stayed on for a really long time when it shouldn't, so I pulled the HVAC fuse and it didn't ever die unless I put it back in and left the car off. But this only happens when it's hot, when the weather is cold I don't have the take the fuse out and it never dies. I've replaced the battery, the alternator, the blower control module , and now it still dies. It's a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I also thought it was the fan relay, replaced it... Didn't fix it. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated. 😔😔😔
Can you clarify which fan(s) stays running? Is it the engine cooling fans or the HVAC blower motor?