Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Door lock issues 08 equinox

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2017, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lock issues 08 equinox

The drivers side door will not open when I pull on the door handle. Even though a sound is made when I hit the unlock button. The lock lever pops out but when you pull on the handle the door will not open. I have to open the window and pull on the outdoor latch to open the door.
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably have some how broken a part of the inside door handle where it's connected to release mechanism.. it's made of plastic.. I have the same problem but I know it's​ broke cause I tried to open the door with car in gear but it was locked so I put car in park so it would unlock automatically and proceeded to try and open the door in a hast with on hand while putting in park with the other and pulled on handle at the exact same time the automatic lock was in the process of disengaging and that created more tension than the normal tension you would feel during normal working use and I heard a pop from inside the door and knew within seconds something broke cause the handle wouldn't work anymore... You could tell something was broke cause when you pull on the handle you don't feel the pressure you feel when it's operating correctly it moves very freely and springs back to its original location... I'm planning on fixing it myself as soon as possible..So soon as I get that done I will follow-up on exactly what the failure was.. rather it's a broken lever or just a disconnected​ rod or cable from the handle lever..

Last edited by C.J. Bradford; March 26th, 2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Hadn't completed text