Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Driver side door doesn't lock

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2016, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side door doesn't lock

Hello,

I am having issues with the automatic locks on the fob AND lock switch on drivers side door in my 06' equinox. his happened a year or so ago (I know, long time to let it slide). Every other door works, when I put my vehicle in drive, all other doors but the drivers side locks and same with park, all unlocks (but the drivers side was already unlocked lol). The door switch on the passenger side, works to lock and unlock all doors, except drivers. And lastly, the key fob works to lock and unlock all doors.... but the drivers.

Have any of you had the problem and found a solution or even know what the problem may be?

Any help is appreciated, TIA!!

Jordan
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by twjordan29
Hello,

I am having issues with the automatic locks on the fob AND lock switch on drivers side door in my 06' equinox. his happened a year or so ago (I know, long time to let it slide). Every other door works, when I put my vehicle in drive, all other doors but the drivers side locks and same with park, all unlocks (but the drivers side was already unlocked lol). The door switch on the passenger side, works to lock and unlock all doors, except drivers. And lastly, the key fob works to lock and unlock all doors.... but the drivers.

Have any of you had the problem and found a solution or even know what the problem may be?

Any help is appreciated, TIA!!

Jordan
If I interpreted that correctly, the driver's door can't be locked, but can be unlocked or rather you can hear it trying to unlock. After looking at the wiring diagram, the only thing that could cause this would be a bad Driver Door Unlock relay. The fact that the driver's door unlocks rules out a wiring issue. Try swapping the Driver Door Unlock relay with the Passenger Door Unlock relay and see what happens (both are located in the interior fuse block). If I'm correct the passenger's doors won't lock (but will unlock) and the driver's door lock will work fine.
Old June 24th, 2016, 8:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

broken wires in the door jam A-pillar are common. pull back the rubber loom and inspect. Or check for power and grd to the lock actuator...if power and grd are at the actuator...the actuator is bad. if no power and grd...check the door wiring.

I probably have replaced 10+ of the door wiring harnesses.

Last edited by tech2; June 24th, 2016 at 8:31 AM.
Old June 27th, 2016, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
broken wires in the door jam A-pillar are common. pull back the rubber loom and inspect. Or check for power and grd to the lock actuator...if power and grd are at the actuator...the actuator is bad. if no power and grd...check the door wiring.

I probably have replaced 10+ of the door wiring harnesses.
Yes, i pulled back the rubber and found about 5 cut wires, maybe it explains the back hatch not opening nor the driver window rolling down?