Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Driver's power window inoperative

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2013, 1:11 PM
Guv
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same problem and just checked the wires. I have 4 broken wires and no idea where to even start to do this repair myself. I am not looking forward to paying a mechanic several hundred dollars to fix an issue that obviously is no fault of our own.
Yet another reason my soon to be next car purchase will not be a Chevy.
Old August 13th, 2013, 7:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

better stay away from ford and Nissan too as they have the same door jam wiring issues as well.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 9:32 AM
Guv
CF Beginner

My mechanic soldered and heat shrink seven broken wires.
So far so good, I just hope it last.
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Smile 08 Equinox; drivers side window inop

Had trouble today with drivers side window not working. Swapped out window motor with passenger side window motor. Nothing wrong with the window motors. Then I thought maybe it might be the window switch in the center counsel. Decided to check chevy forum out first before ripping out the center counsel. Saw that many had problems with the wire harness on the equinox drivers door. Went out to check the harness in my drivers door and...sure enough THREE WIRES were broke right through with a few more with insulation cracked exposing the bare wire. I guess I'll be doing a wire job now. Thanks...
Old December 3rd, 2013, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Equinox window problem

After seeing the heads up on the wiring in the door boot causing the problems I checked mine after the mirror stopped working and the window stopped working. Sure enough 3 wires broken and no slack to splice them. I had to splice in wire and I know this fix is only temp. Chevy needs to supply a fix or at least offer a new wiring harness at a discount. My wires are so strained I am surprised all are not broken. My Grandmother would have known to leave a little slack in the wires being constantly moved with the door opening and closing.
Old April 10th, 2014, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, Think I found why the passenger windows not working. 4 broken wires in the door harness. Great quality GM....Too bad I already bought the new window motor. Cant wait to look at the other doors..
Old July 13th, 2014, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy power windows

Thanks for the thread I have a impala and the plug on the inside of the dash had corrosion in it I replace the switch. That did not work when I read this I dug into the wires and found nothing but another plug which had black on the contacts I cleaned the plug and bibs your uncle it worked I hope this helps some one else like it helped me
Old February 24th, 2015, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default please help

hey guys so i have the same problem i checked my switch and the motor they are fine then i opened the harness found the brown wire cut same wire that goes to the window motor (brown and blue) i put it together and still doesnt work also when i fixed the wire my window motor got hott why is that
Old February 7th, 2016, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

Question Wiring harness fix or replace..

So, my Nox is having the same wiring issues (wires broken or cracked at the door hinge) and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to replace the entire harness. Do I have to pull apart the dash or anything along those lines? I have very little wire to work with to splice new wire in the area. I pulled to door panel off and have been able to reach more wire but still don't know if it will be a quality fix.
Also, looking for a price on the harness... Can't find it via web search.
All that sound proofing inside the door panel is going to be no fun to remove!!
Open to any pointers or ideas beyond what is already here.

Disappointed in the quality of this particular wiring Chevy products are better than this. Would like to see Chevy step up and provide support!!!!
Old June 20th, 2016, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

so glad i decided to search my problem! i am hoping mine is just a wire split too! mine just stopped working within 5 minutes. never had any problems with it then bam wont go down anymore! fingers crossed its this easy of a fix!

Quick Reply: Driver's power window inoperative