Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Issues with integrated Bluetooth feature - Very strange!

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with integrated Bluetooth feature - Very strange!

My wife has a 2010 Equinox that has the Bluetooth feature which she uses all the time for phone calls.

First issue:
A few weeks ago, she and I were talking while she was driving home and when we ended the call, for whatever reason I was slow to put the phone down and noticed that the call had ended, but I could still hear something. I listened and realized that I was listening to her radio. I spoke up a few times but she apparently couldn't hear me. I don't know if the car disconnected from her phone without actually ending the call or what, but it was strange none-the-less.

Second issue:
Today, after ending a call, she said the Bluetooth system would not allow her to fully end the call and restore her radio in the speakers.
Shortly after the end of the call, my phone rang for a second but when I answered it was silent. I hung up. I tried to call back, and later found out from her that the dash screen showed the incoming call from me and the speakers played the incoming ring tones, but the system would not let her answer the call.
Usually, the incoming ring tones would end at some point when the call goes to voicemail, but these did not. She said it kept ringing and ringing and ringing. She finally took her Blackberry handset and manually disconnected it from the car's Bluetooth. She then called me on the handset, all the while, the car was still ringing, and I could hear it in the background.
After we ended that call on our handsets, she said the car's system kept ringing for another 10-15 minutes during which time she arrived at work, parked, shut off the car, and even got out and locked it! Through all of that the ringing continued! She said it was still ringing as she walked away into work, so I drove to her location to take the car in to the dealership, but when I got to her office, the ringing had stopped. I tried connecting my handset to the car's Bluetooth and making some calls, but it never acted up on me.

I haven't taken it in yet, because the dealer's service advisor said that they probably couldn't figure anything out unless it was acting up when I brought it in, but it was definitely the first he had heard of something like that.

If anyone else has had anything similar or has any good advice, I'd really appreciate the input.

Thanks!