Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

EQUINOX POWER STEERING

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2016, 10:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Real King Toller
I have an 09 Equinox Sport with the 3.6 motor, my power steering gets hard especially when I'm slowing down to make a turn. So I started noticing that once I accelerate it works fine ( like when the rpm's are above 1000 to 1200) I've replaced the power steering motor/pump and from reading other posts it doesn't sound like the fuse.

Any knowledge or ideas?
Thanks in Advance
The 2008-2009 Equinox with the 3.6L engine have hydraulic-assist power steering NOT the electric assist that the 3.4L-equipped models use. As a result, all the posts regarding the big power steering fuse are not applicable to your vehicle. Make sure your power steering pump has the correct amount of clean, fresh fluid in it and make sure it doesn't have air in the lines. You may need to bleed the hydraulic system. To do this, jack up the front end and turn the steering wheel lock to lock 20 times with the key ON and engine OFF. Then check the fluid level and add as necessary. Then start the engine, check for signs of cavitation or fluid aeration (usually accompanied by pump noise/whine), and verify proper fluid level. Repeat bleed procedure if necesssary.

If the above does not correct the issue, you may have a faulty pump or a bad rack & pinion.
Old January 28th, 2018, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where where do u check power steering fluid
Old January 28th, 2018, 12:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Drand
Where where do u check power steering fluid
What year is your Equinox and which engine does it have? There may not be any power steering fluid to check.
Old February 18th, 2019, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Solved! Po

If your 80 Amp fuse was not the issue to the loss of your power steering try and wiggle the wiring on you Power steering motor and push in the connectors under the steering column. Do not know if it a temporary or a permanent fix. This might be a quick and easy fix.

Old February 18th, 2019, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joehenry005@yahioo.c
MY 2007 EQUINOX LT POWER STEERING HAS STOPPED WORKING. STEERING IS VERY HARD AND AM UNABLE TO PROPERLY STEER. I UNDERSTAND, THE EQUINOX DOES NOT HAVE A POWER STEERING PUMP BUT RATHER A POWER STEERING MOTOR. WHAT CAN I CHECK FOR TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION? ANYONE ELSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM?
If your 80 Amp fuse was not the issue to the loss of your power steering try and wiggle the wiring on you Power steering motor and push in the connectors under the steering column. Do not know if it a temporary or a permanent fix. This might be a quick and easy fix.

Old February 19th, 2019, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Lightbulb SOLVED! Sudden loss of Power Steering

The same thing happened to me! i was driving in the highway and suddenly my steering wheel clicked and my power steering was gone. I managed to drive it like that for a couple days while I researched what the problem might be. I finally gave up after numerous hours researching. I gave up and tried trouble shooting myself! So first thing i did was get it scanned a C460 code came up and i checked the fuse and it was fine. Since that wasn't the problem; with the car off I removed the cover for the electronic power steering motor and wiggled the wiring and made sure all the connector were probably seated and clicked. I turned the car on and it started working! The power steering was back! I did not disconnect the battery or anything I do not know if it a temporary or a permanent fix but I just started my 5th day after i did this and power steering is working fine! Saved me couple hundred of dollars of diagnostic and numerous headaches! It's worth the try!
https://youtu.be/e-jE_wxKOWY]
Old August 5th, 2019, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

I would like to know as well. I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox 3.0 and SERVICE POWER STEERING message came on
Old March 24th, 2021, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stiff steering

So we changed out the ball joints in my 2011 chevy equinox lt. After changing them the steering wheel got stiff. It gave me an a message of service power steering. We checked the 80 fuse and it's working. Anyone else had this problem or any suggestions on what it could be?
Originally Posted by snakbar50
Thank you
Old April 2nd, 2021, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Eps 80 amp fuse for sale.

Originally Posted by Equinox Owner
I know this post is old but if you know of a person who needs EPS 80 Amp Fuse, I got a couple - I had to purchase several of them from the company since the dealership could not get me the product.
we own a 2005.if it uses de same fuse im interested in buying aone or two.
Old April 2nd, 2021, 4:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Froilan Quintero Rivera
we own a 2005.if it uses de same fuse im interested in buying aone or two.
I think you're about 11 years too late. I posted the part number above (22689708). You can buy them from eBay, Amazon, RockAuto, or a dealership. You could yank one from a junkyard too. This same fuse is/was used in numerous GM models that have electric power steering.

Quick Reply: EQUINOX POWER STEERING