Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

EQUINOX Wiring broken in door jam

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2014, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQUINOX Wiring broken in door jam

2006 Equinox. The wiring for window, lock, and speakers running into the driver's door have almost all been pulled out or broken inside the door jam. PICTURE ATTACHED. Seems obvious that they were installed too tightly and repeated opening and closing of the door just messed it all up. Dealership and other shops want over $500 to fix this!
I've seen others who had similar problem and were able to spend like $10 to splice the wires themselves. Does anyone have more info about this process or anything helpful at all? I'm trying to clean it up, fix it up and sell it because it's a good time for a new truck, but this is causing some serious issues. I believe the loose wiring is also affecting the battery because it tends to take multiple tries to start. PLEASE HELP! Thanks
<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script><script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>
Attached Thumbnails EQUINOX Wiring broken in door jam-20140927_111410.jpg