Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Front End Humming/Whining Noise

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2017, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Humming/Whining Noise

I have a 2014 Equinox AWD with about 40k miles on it. There is a loud humming/whining noise coming from the front end closer to the passenger side. The noise doesn't happen when it's first started in the morning, only after it's warmed up. But then it happens pretty immediately any other time I start the car throughout the day. Doesn't seem to get louder the faster I go, but it's most noticeable at idle/coast since there's no other engine noise. It happens in park and in drive, accelerating and coasting, regardless of whether the AC is on or not. Any ideas what it could be?
Old March 21st, 2017, 4:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristina Gerren
I have a 2014 Equinox AWD with about 40k miles on it. There is a loud humming/whining noise coming from the front end closer to the passenger side. The noise doesn't happen when it's first started in the morning, only after it's warmed up. But then it happens pretty immediately any other time I start the car throughout the day. Doesn't seem to get louder the faster I go, but it's most noticeable at idle/coast since there's no other engine noise. It happens in park and in drive, accelerating and coasting, regardless of whether the AC is on or not. Any ideas what it could be?
Hello Kristina,

We're very sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your Equinox. Are you thinking you'd like to work with a certified dealership to get this looked at? We would be more than happy to contact one on your behalf and review this further. Please send us a direct message if this is a route you'd like to take.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care