Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Need help with 2007 3.4L

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2011, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 2007 3.4L

Hey guys,

We have a 2007 Equinox LS and we absolutely love it, my mom drives it and she has 112K miles on it. Recently we have had some issues with it however, 1st being the transmission is shifting funny between 2nd and 3rd. Because of this, we had the fluid changed, and it still shifts the same. In addition, she keeps spitting out Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control on the IP. We are thinking of replacing the 80 amp fuse, like others have done, however there is no loss in power steering so I think that might be futile.

When we had the car serviced, they pulled some codes on the car:

P0403, P0404, P0405- (EGR Solenoid circuit, Feedback signal out of range, Sensor A signal short/low)
-So obviously it is the EGR, but I have seen it could be the harness itself. I want to clean the valve but I have never done it before (If anyone can help me out that would be great.)

P1779- Engine Torque delivered TCM signal
- I have no idea what this is or how to go about fixing it.

If you guys can help us out I would appreciate it!! I do not want to succumb to the dealer for help.
Old February 7th, 2011, 8:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jgpingpong
Hey guys,

We have a 2007 Equinox LS and we absolutely love it, my mom drives it and she has 112K miles on it. Recently we have had some issues with it however, 1st being the transmission is shifting funny between 2nd and 3rd. Because of this, we had the fluid changed, and it still shifts the same. In addition, she keeps spitting out Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control on the IP. We are thinking of replacing the 80 amp fuse, like others have done, however there is no loss in power steering so I think that might be futile.

When we had the car serviced, they pulled some codes on the car:

P0403, P0404, P0405- (EGR Solenoid circuit, Feedback signal out of range, Sensor A signal short/low)
-So obviously it is the EGR, but I have seen it could be the harness itself. I want to clean the valve but I have never done it before (If anyone can help me out that would be great.)

P1779- Engine Torque delivered TCM signal
- I have no idea what this is or how to go about fixing it.

If you guys can help us out I would appreciate it!! I do not want to succumb to the dealer for help.
Don't replace the P/S fuse. If your power steering works, then that fuse is obviously just fine.

I would replace the EGR valve. The likelihood of the EGR wiring harness being bad is relatively slim for such a new vehicle unless it has been altered by somebody. You can get an OEM-equivalent AC Delco p/n 214-2098 EGR valve and Felpro p/n 70804 EGR valve gasket shipped to you for under $75 from RockAuto.

I just did this and pulled fuse #33 from the underhood fuse block for 30 seconds to reset the PCM. I was surprised to see that my check engine light AND Service Traction Control & Service Stabilitrak lights have not returned since.

Before I replaced the EGR valve, the Service Traction Control & Service Stabilitrak warnings would come on right after startup - even after resetting the PCM. I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that if certain emissions components fail and cause the check engine light to come on then the PCM then disables Traction Control & Stabilitrak. I thought the guy was full of it until I replaced my EGR valve. We've only driven it a 100 miles or so since I replaced the EGR valve, but I'm quite certain the Service Traction Control & Service Stabilitrak lights are off for good.

Last edited by ruley73; February 7th, 2011 at 8:37 PM.
Old December 18th, 2011, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default stabilitrak and no power steering

i just had something like this happen to me however my power steering will not work...is replacing the mega fuse the most likely solution and if so i have also heard that when you do that the vehicle will not start is there a way to replace that mega fuse so that you don't have to worry about the car not starting again ? any help would be greatly appreciated as i would hate to take it in somewhere and pay more if it is something as simple as changing that fuse please advise your thoughts.

on mine we just went out after the car had been sitting for an hour and then the service stabilitrak light came on and i had no power steering at all none.
Old December 29th, 2011, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

OK so darntt, if your PS doesn't work, I would replace the mega fuse. I tinkered around with mine, and it is a simple swap. The part at the dealer when I checked is around 12 bucks.

As for the problem on our car, we changed the EGR valve with one from Rock Auto and all the lights went off and haven't come back. However, a few days after replacing it, we smelled gas from the car, had it checked out and there is a leak from the tank. Total labor to diagnose is around 400 bucks. Needless to say, the car has been sitting for 6 months now because money is so tight right now. A new pump can cost 200 more. ANyone have any experience with this?
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:16 PM
CF Pro Member

OK so darntt, if your PS doesn't work, I would replace the mega fuse. I tinkered around with mine, and it is a simple swap. The part at the dealer when I checked is around 12 bucks.

As for the problem on our car, we changed the EGR valve with one from Rock Auto and all the lights went off and haven't come back. However, a few days after replacing it, we smelled gas from the car, had it checked out and there is a leak from the tank. Total labor to diagnose is around 400 bucks. Needless to say, the car has been sitting for 6 months now because money is so tight right now. A new pump can cost 200 more. ANyone have any experience with this?
Where is the leak? The gas tank repair epoxy is cheap and works really well.
Old July 31st, 2012, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 chevy equinox problems

. I have a 2007 chevy equinox that i recently bought. The stabilitrak light keeps coming on andthe truck.has started to jerk when driving and when at a complete stop. Like at a stop sign or red light. And yesterday i got in it to start it and it continuously cranked but would not turn.over when it did start i continued to crank even though the engine had already started. So i had to turn it off and back on then it was fine. The stabilitrak light turns on while driving but then when u turn the vehicle off it stays off for awhile. If anyone can give skme advice or can let me know whats going on it would be very appreciated
Old August 1st, 2012, 6:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by jlambremont
. I have a 2007 chevy equinox that i recently bought. The stabilitrak light keeps coming on andthe truck.has started to jerk when driving and when at a complete stop. Like at a stop sign or red light. And yesterday i got in it to start it and it continuously cranked but would not turn.over when it did start i continued to crank even though the engine had already started. So i had to turn it off and back on then it was fine. The stabilitrak light turns on while driving but then when u turn the vehicle off it stays off for awhile. If anyone can give skme advice or can let me know whats going on it would be very appreciated
Have your battery and alternator checked. Our battery went bad without warning long ago. If you haven't replaced it yet you're probably already running on borrowed time.
Old August 10th, 2012, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

I had the exact problem with the stabilitrack... Here is what I was told by the service manager at the dealer "friend of mine" The stabilitrac needs a large amount of juice freom your battery to operate correctly, If the battery is not up to the challenge "through sensors" it will de-activate itself and give you a warning light. I put in a new Optima hi-volt battery which I needed anyway for the stereo amps etc, havent had a problem since. Its been about 8 months.
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem with the stabilitrak and traction control, so i changed the EGR valve and immediately it fixed the stabilitrak problem. I had also read though that when that emmissions sensor is faulty it will shut down the AC and also the power steering and replacing the EGR valve should fix all of that and bring it back online. completely stupid that it works like that, but thats the way it is.
Old September 6th, 2012, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

I recently began having similar problems with my '07 Equinox. I had the codes pulled and got two. P0404 -EGR flow and also P1779 - Torque input to TCM. As with previous posters, the service stabilitrak light pops on, and depending my car's mood, this warning may also come with the dreaded CEL comes on. The warnings come and go as they bloody well please.

Based on what I've seen here, am I correct in presuming that if I replace my EGR valve this SHOULD alleviate both problems? My battery seems fine, and still pulls a 14.4 voltage upon checking.

I appreciate any help you guys may be able to provide.

Quick Reply: Need help with 2007 3.4L