Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Need help with 2007 3.4L

Old September 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Lixxie1982,
Welcome to the forum! We're sorry to learn you're having difficulties with your Equinox, and unfortunately we cannot assist with technical information as customer service representatives (not to worry - there are some very savvy community members who I'm sure will jump on the thread soon). Were you planning on visiting your dealership's service department to get this looked into? If so, please keep us posted as we can check into how things are progressing there.

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 8th, 2012, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarah,

I appreciate your assiatance. But seeing as how this problem popped up just after both of my 5 year/100000 power train and 91K extended warranties expired, no, I won't be taking my Eqionox to the dealership. I don't have hundreds and going into thousands of dollars to put into the cost of having the work done at a dealership. I would much rather do the work myself under the careful guidance of my neighbour, who is a mechanic. I will get dealership parts for it though.

Thanks,
Liz
Old September 8th, 2012, 9:27 AM
CF Junior Member

I recently replaced the EGR valve on my wife's 07 Equinox and it fixed the Stabiltrak/Traction control issues.

Now the vehicle is dragging, like the brakes won't release. Last night while driving the car, it started jerking/sputtering and the brakes were hard to push. There were no warning lights on the dash. I recently replaced the rear pads with no problems. I have had to add brake fluid more than 4 times now in the past year. But I can't find any leaks in the system. Can anyone help?
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Hi JGPINGPONG, I have the same car and the same exact problem as you...P0405: Egr position sensor skt low, P1779: Torque Delivered Signal, Traction control light and slipping trans on the 2-3 and 3-4 shift. I saw on your post you replaced EGR valve and problems went away. I want to know if your trans stopped slipping as well? Please help as the dealer is reccomending trans replacement first. Yikes!
Old October 21st, 2012, 6:15 AM
CF Beginner

Hello, the shifting issue should go away once you reset or remove the error code. If you have a reset scanner great, if not I disconnected the negative (-) terminal of the battery for about 5 min and once you restart the car it should be gone. I recommend using the tool though. Get the fluid changed on the trans, I was told by a friend (gm mechanic) that they are temperamental and should have a fluid change about every 40k miles. If this doesn't correct the issue, you may have a bigger problem.
Old August 24th, 2013, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 2008 Equinox with 57300 and between 40-50mph it misfires. I have taken it to a auto parts place and they hooked it up and gave me codes p1779 and p0300. I understand chevy has a recall on certain equinox and mine doesn't fall into the category. Any Ideas change all wires and plugs along with the EGR?? Any help please
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:16 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by txcruzin
I own a 2008 Equinox with 57300 and between 40-50mph it misfires. I have taken it to a auto parts place and they hooked it up and gave me codes p1779 and p0300. I understand chevy has a recall on certain equinox and mine doesn't fall into the category. Any Ideas change all wires and plugs along with the EGR?? Any help please
Which engine does your Equinox have (OHV 3.4L/3400 or DOHC 3.6L VVT)? In any case, I would not change the EGR valve unless you are getting codes related to it. I believe the P1779 code is simply the result of the engine running poorly and should go away when the misfire is fixed (P0300 = random misfire code). I'm not sure what recall you are referring to. There has been a TSB for misfires with the 3.4L, but no recalls that I am aware of. The TSB simply suggests replacing the plug wires whenever the plugs are changed. The 3.6L does not have plug wires due it's use of a coil-on-plug setup.
Old August 27th, 2013, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

I took my 08 equinox into the dealer today 08/27 at 7am and by 10am he's calling me and telling me its covered under the special extended warranty on the plugs and wires. They replaced all the wires and the #1 and 5 spark plug. Thanks for the info on all the post no more misfires.
Old October 20th, 2014, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 equinox gas leak by the tank

Originally Posted by jgpingpong
OK so darntt, if your PS doesn't work, I would replace the mega fuse. I tinkered around with mine, and it is a simple swap. The part at the dealer when I checked is around 12 bucks.

As for the problem on our car, we changed the EGR valve with one from Rock Auto and all the lights went off and haven't come back. However, a few days after replacing it, we smelled gas from the car, had it checked out and there is a leak from the tank. Total labor to diagnose is around 400 bucks. Needless to say, the car has been sitting for 6 months now because money is so tight right now. A new pump can cost 200 more. ANyone have any experience with this?

My 07 equinox was leaking at the gas tank and it was the fuel pump inside of the gas tank. It was not a recall but covered under a warrenty at the chevy garage and paid in full. I am now having stability control and traction control problems along with idle problems. I am suspicious that they are related.
Old October 21st, 2014, 4:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Lixxie1982
I recently began having similar problems with my '07 Equinox. I had the codes pulled and got two. P0404 -EGR flow and also P1779 - Torque input to TCM. As with previous posters, the service stabilitrak light pops on, and depending my car's mood, this warning may also come with the dreaded CEL comes on. The warnings come and go as they bloody well please.

Based on what I've seen here, am I correct in presuming that if I replace my EGR valve this SHOULD alleviate both problems? My battery seems fine, and still pulls a 14.4 voltage upon checking.

I appreciate any help you guys may be able to provide.
I was getting these codes, replaced my EGR valve myself, disconnected the battery to reset the computer and haven't had my car code out since.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with 2007 3.4L