Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

No heat 06 equinox

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2007, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat 06 equinox

My 07 Equinox has no heat. Dealer has had the vehicle for 2 days and says he doesn't know what the problem is. His original diagnosis was faulty vent motor. Not the case. The car temps up so its not an engine issue or thermostat issue. We just can't get warm air into the cabin. Has anyone heard of this before? This vehicle also had a defective turn signal. Talk about problems with foundational items which shouldn't break... turn signal and heat!! Dealer is contacting Chevy technical assistance. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old October 29th, 2007, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: No heat 06 equinox

Sorry team. Typo. It is an 06.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my 05.

So, what happened next?
Old March 4th, 2008, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Hey, I had the same problem in my 05. It is the heater core that failed I have talked to others who had the same problem and it was the heater core as well in there cases. I work at a Pontiac Buick GMC dealership and even with my discount its 1300 dollars to replace it and you have to take apart the entire dash to replace it yourself. Hope this helps.
Old March 4th, 2008, 8:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you take the dash apart pull the heater hoses off the heater core and back flush the system and see if that helps
Old March 26th, 2015, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default no heat on 06 equinox

First pull actuator off on right side of heater box, by blower motor and look for cracked blend door shaft. a lot of problems with them and no recall yet
Old March 26th, 2015, 6:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default heater core

Get engine temp. up to normal. Turn heater on. Feel both hoses going to heater core in engine compartment.Both should be warm or hot. If only 1 is, heater core is blocked. Let cool,disconnect hoses(careful because some cores are plastic). Connect garden hose to either side(make up adaptor with hose and clamps) and slowly turn on water. I had same problem and you wouldn't believe the crap that was flushed out!Switch hose to other side and flush again. Put back together.top off radiator and enjoy the heat. Good luck.
Old March 26th, 2015, 8:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by cudaman56586
First pull actuator off on right side of heater box, by blower motor and look for cracked blend door shaft. a lot of problems with them and no recall yet

This!!

there is a recall for 2006 models.
Gm has issued a special tool for this repair. It will install a sleeve over the broken blend door in vehicle. If all goes well, its a 1 hour fix instead of 6.5 hours to remove and replace the blend door...with the same part that will break in another 6 years. The sleeve repair will not break.
Old February 26th, 2020, 7:30 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default schaut

We have a equinox 05 we only get heat if we bleed a fitting to the radiator. Someone said we could have a cracked block air is leaking back into hose so we don't get heat until we bleed it. Any ideas??
Old February 26th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you have air in the cooling system (and its not from incorrect filling after service) the system must be leaking. have the cooling system pressure tested and inspected for leaks.

Quick Reply: No heat 06 equinox