Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox Review

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox Review

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...nox/index.html

Chevrolet's second iteration of the Equinox is a long way removed from last year's model. While it is not particularly exciting to drive, it is more than capable of running with the competition. More important, the Equinox offers style and value with the capabilities and functionality demanded by the class. Impressive fuel economy and smart packaging give the Equinox the opportunity to become a segment leader.

I really loves the way this looks. Is there anyway to place a sticky thread in this forum to post news related to 2010 Equinox. I called my dealership and their expecting them by the end of this month.
Old June 10th, 2009, 3:19 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You beat me to it man...I just got some info on this thing and was going to post it

Chevrolet Equinox for 2010
The 2010 Chevrolet Equinox
(fig. 1) has a completely new look and upgraded design.
This vehicle will be the leader in its segment in styling, comfort and fuel economy.
Many features are new for the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox. Customers who owned a
previous model Equinox may find operation of some of these features different from
their experience.
- Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist System (URPA)
- Rear Vision Camera System
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Adjustable Power Liftgate (APL)
- Spark Ignited Direct Injection (SIDI)
- Rack-Mounted Electric Power Steering (EPS)
Name:  2010equinox.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  20.5 KB

TIP:
Before attempting repair for a customer concern, be sure the customer
understands the proper operation of the feature in question.

GM GLOBAL-A ARCHITECTURE
The technological backbone of the new Equinox comes in the form of the GM Global-A
Serial Data Electrical Architecture -- a high-and low-speed data network that connects
system modules and ensures that information is properly communicated and shared
among them.
The new Equinox is among the first GM vehicles sold in North American equipped with
the architecture, which is one of the most advanced of its kind in the automotive
industry. This network transfers data around the vehicle.
TIP:
You will use MDI with GDS software and a laptop PC in place of the Tech 2 for
diagnosis.

POWERTRAINS
There are two powertrain combinations available on the Equinox.
2.4L SIDI VVT 4-CYLINDER ENGINE (RPO LAF)
(fig. 2)

This is the standard engine on all models. It provides 182 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of
torque and is available in both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations. Fuel economy
of 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway is expected to be segment leading on the highway (10.1
L/100 km city and 6.7 L/100 km highway, Canada). And the 18.5-gallon (71 L) fuel tank
allows a 564-mile (1059 km) range.
Name:  24Lecotec.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  25.1 KB
6T45 SIX-SPEED HYDRA-MATIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
(fig. 3)

This transmission is standard with the 2.4L SIDI VVT 4-cylinder engine. It is designed
for torque handling capability. Wide overall ratios help contribute to maximized
acceleration, enhanced fuel economy and reduced noise, vibration and harshness
(NVH). This transmission is equipped with premium fluid, which need not be replaced in
normal use.
Name:  6t456speedtrans.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  28.5 KB
3.0L SIDI VVT V6 ENGINE (RPO LF1)
(fig. 4)

This engine is available on LT and LTZ models. It offers 264 horsepower and 214 lb.-ft.
of torque, is available in both front- and all-wheel-drive configurations and has a 3500-
lb. towing capacity. It provides 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway (11.9 L/100 km city
and 8.1 L/100 km highway, Canada). And the 20.9-gallon (79L) fuel tank allows a 520-
mile (975 km) range.
Name:  3LSIDIVVT.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  24.9 KB
6T70 SIX-SPEED HYDRA-MATIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
(fig. 5)
This transmission is standard with the 3.0L SIDI VVT V6 engine. It is designed for
torque handling capability to meet the needs of the high-output 3.0L DI VVT V6. Wide
overall ratios help provide exceptional launch feel, enhanced fuel economy and
reduced NVH.

REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM
Equinox offers an available Rearview Camera System that displays images either in the
rearview mirror
(fig. 6) (using a built-in mini display screen) or color interface display on
vehicles equipped with the navigation system. This system provides excellent
assistance and added security when backing up, parallel parking or trailer towing. The
camera is located above the license plate.
Name:  mirror.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  9.8 KB

ECONOMY (ECO) MODE
On vehicles with 4-cylinder engine, the Economy (ECO) Mode can improve the
vehicle's fuel economy by changing the transmission shift points and making several
other fuel-saving adjustments.
Press the ECO button
(fig. 7, item A) by the shift lever to turn this feature on or off. The
ECO light in the instrument cluster illuminates.
- The transmission upshifts sooner and downshifts later.
- The torque converter clutch
applies sooner and stays on longer.
- The gas pedal is less sensitive.
- The vehicle's computers more-aggressively shut off fuel to the engine under
deceleration.
- Reduced idle adjusts idle to economically address required loads/draws depending on
what feature is on.
A ECO button
B Range switch
Name:  shifter.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  22.5 KB
ELECTRONIC RANGE SELECT (ERS) MODE

The switch
(fig. 7, item B) located on the shifter handle allows the driver to manually
select the range of gear positions. This feature can be used to limit the top gear while
towing or to downshift when driving on a downhill grade to provide engine braking. All
gears below the selected gear will be available to use. If vehicle speed is too high or too
low for the requested gear, the shift will not occur.

INFOTAINMENT
Rear Seat Entertainment System includes segment exclusive twin seat-back flip-up
screens. The second level of radio/infotainment systems includes everything included
with the base radio, as well as the following:
- DVD audio and video playback capability, including the ability to play video in
surround sound if the vehicle is equipped with the premium audio system (see below);
- USB connectivity.
- A two-gigabyte (2GB) internal flash memory for time-shifting (audio-buffering; e.g.
TiVo capability) AM, FM and XM broadcasts; ripping of CDs; and copying content from
USB memory sticks.
- Twin seatback mounted flip-up LCD video screen modules with eight-inch (20 cm)
WVGA color display.
- Auxiliary video devices such as video games can be played independently on the rear
screens, or a DVD movie can be played on one screen, while gaming takes place on
the other. Video input jacks are integrated into both screen modules, or can be
accessed at the rear of the center console.
ENHANCED NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The Navigation System available on the new Equinox incorporates a satellite-based
traffic information service, XM NAV Traffic®.
- In select metro areas, XM Nav Traffic provides real time information on construction,
accidents, and congestion.
- XM Weather provides 3-day forecasts and current weather warnings.
- Voice-based destination commands make use intuitive, fast and easy.
- Point of Interest preset buttons enable quick access to information.
- Navigation database DVD does not have to be left in the unit, due to 40 GB hard drive
(yearly updates available to the NAV DVD).
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation provides audio step-by-step directions if desired and
is standard equipment on all models.
ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION (ANC)
The Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system works to reduce the amount of noticeable
noise at certain vehicle speeds and is standard with the 4-cylinder engine. The torque
converter clutch is calibrated to provide very low idle speed to improve fuel economy,
which may cause unwanted noise. Active Noise Cancellation works with the vehicle's
audio system to create sound waves which cancel noise. The result is improved
quietness with little added mass. Lower mass results in better fuel economy.
TIP:
For optimal ANC performance, do not block the cargo area speaker.

RACK-MOUNTED ELECTRIC POWER STEERING - EPS
A REPS (rack-mounted electric power steering)
(fig. 8) system is used on models
equipped with the 2.4-liter VVT direct-injection four-cylinder engine, primarily for buyers
interested in more fuel efficiency. EPS eliminates the need for a power steering
accessory drive that runs off the engine, reducing associated parasitic loses.
Name:  rack.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  7.6 KB
Due to its rack-mounted configuration (as opposed to column mounted) and input
torque sensor, the steering system delivers more precise reaction to steering inputs and
better overall on-line center fee, both of which contribute to the vehicle's unexpected
performance balance.

Old June 10th, 2009, 3:19 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

REAR WIPER
The rear wiper controls are on the end of the windshield wiper lever
(fig. 9). Press the
upper or lower portion of the button to control the rear wiper and rear wiper delay. The
system turns off when the button is returned to the middle position. Push the windshield
wiper lever forward to spray washer fluid on the rear window. The lever returns to its
starting position when released.

Name:  switch.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  13.6 KB
POWER LIFTGATE
On vehicles with a power liftgate
(fig. 10), the switch is located on the overhead
console. The vehicle must be in P (Park) to use the power feature. The taillamps flash
when the power liftgate moves.
Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  14.4 KB

Power Liftgate Modes
The power liftgate has three modes of operation. Mode selection is controlled by the
interior mode switch
(fig. 11).
Name:  powerliftgateswitch.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  16.3 KB

Off Mode (Disable) --
Power is disabled. The liftgate will operate as a manual liftgate.

TIP:
Manual effort is higher than with a standard non-power liftgate.

3/4 Mode (Programmable) --
The liftgate powers open to a height programmed by the
owner (to prevent liftgate from hitting overhead obstructions).

Max Mode (Full Open) --
The liftgate will power open to the full open height.

Power Liftgate Operation
In either the 3/4 or Max mode, the liftgate can be powered open and closed in the
following ways:
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) --
Press and hold the power liftgate button on the RKE
transmitter until the liftgate starts moving.

From Inside the Vehicle --
Press the power liftgate button on the center of the mode
switch

From Outside the Vehicle --
Press the touchpad switch on the liftgate outside handle
to open the gate. Press the power liftgate button on the liftgate adjacent to the latch to
close the gate.

Stopping or Changing the Direction of Liftgate Travel --
Pressing any button or the
touchpad switch while the liftgate is moving will stop and hold the liftgate at the current
position. Pressing the button or touchpad switch again will reverse the direction of
travel.

TIP:
There is a minimum open angle that the power liftgate system will hold the liftgate
open. If stopped below that angle, the liftgate will close.

TIP:
Do not force the liftgate open or closed during a power cycle.

TIP:
If the liftgate is powered open and the liftgate support struts have lost pressure, the
taillights will flash and a chime will sound. The liftgate will stay open temporarily, then
slowly close.

TIP:
The liftgate has an electric latch. If the battery is disconnected or has low voltage,
the liftgate will not open. The liftgate will resume operation when the battery is
reconnected and charged.

Programming 3/4 Mode
With the mode control in the 3/4 position, open the liftgate by any desired method.
When it reaches the desired position, press any button to stop it. Manually adjust if
necessary. Then press and hold the touchpad by the rear latch until the taillamps blink.
Obstacle Detection Features
If the liftgate encounters an obstacle during a power open or close cycle, a warning
chime will sound and the liftgate will automatically reverse direction to the full closed or
open position.
TIP:
If the liftgate encounters multiple obstacles on the same power cycle, the power
function will deactivate.
Pinch sensors are located on the side edges of the liftgate. If an object is caught
between the liftgate and the body and presses against a sensor, the liftgate will reverse
direction and open fully.

POWER DOOR LOCKS
TIP:
When the door is locked, it is necessary to pull the inside handle TWICE -- first to

unlock, second to release the door latch.
Old June 10th, 2009, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Shawn awesome!!! Thanks for the information. I really like the features and options they are adding to it to make it stand out.

I just found another 2010 Equinox test drive !!

http://jalopnik.com/5284939/2010-che...ox-first-drive

Some more first test drives

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/ma...vrolet-equinoxhttp://blogs.thecarconnection.com/ma...vrolet-equinox

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4321094.html

Here is autoblog first test drive write up, again another positive review

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/11/f...rolet-equinox/

Motortrends first test drive

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...iew/index.html

OK folks I was hoping to get some opinions and thoughts about the 2010 Equinox

***Admin Edit- Please do not post multiple times consecutively in the same thread. You need to put everything in one post.***

Last edited by EvansBlue; June 12th, 2009 at 7:54 AM. Reason: Combine six consecutive posts
Old June 13th, 2009, 7:51 PM
CF Junior Member

My dealer is getting 4 in the next 12 days.... I think I am going to trade in my 07 Tahoe 3LT for one of these.... I think the blend of gas savings and the neat features will be a nice switch. I have loved my tahoe but now that I am out of warranty I am looking for something with more gadgets. Hope its as nice as it seems....
Old June 14th, 2009, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I'm new here. I am in love with the new Equinox, so I've been digging for any scraps of information I can find! I am really glad to see that someone has been adding links to the reviews. One of my favorite car magazines is Car & Driver, so I just wanted to add a link to their review of the 2010 Equinox.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review