You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!
Welcome to the forum! To program your new fob, simply follow these instructions.
Entry Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To match an RKE transmitter to your vehicle:
1. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK (P).
2. Press the vehicle information button until LEARN REMOTE KEY PRESS V TO BEGIN displays.
3. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.
6. To exit the programming mode, you must
cycle the key to LOCK/OFF.
I would be happy to, however I cannot access the file you linked to. The link appears to be broken and I cannot find the TSB you are referring to in my resources. I'm not showing any brake light issues on the 2006 Malibu. Do you know the TSB number off hand? I look forward to your response.