Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Programming new remote Fob

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2011, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming new remote Fob

Does anyone know the procedure for programming a new remote Fob for a 2008 Equinox? Thx
Old November 21st, 2011, 5:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Schedule an appointment with an automotive locksmith or service department at a GM dealership. It should cost you a pittance compared to other automakers.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 1:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Sed8dlabrat,
Welcome to the forum! To program your new fob, simply follow these instructions.

Entry Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To match an RKE transmitter to your vehicle:

1. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK (P).
2. Press the vehicle information button until LEARN REMOTE KEY PRESS V TO BEGIN displays.
3. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.
6. To exit the programming mode, you must
cycle the key to LOCK/OFF.

For your reference, the instructions are also listed in your Owner's Manual on page 3-46. Here is a digital copy of your manual: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...nox_owners.pdf

Best of luck! I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 22nd, 2011, 9:17 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
...To program your new fob, simply follow these instructions...
That's an excellent find. BTW, I'd appreciate it if you'd respond to my query in thread https://chevroletforum.com/forum/mal...e2/#post198183.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 7:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I would be happy to, however I cannot access the file you linked to. The link appears to be broken and I cannot find the TSB you are referring to in my resources. I'm not showing any brake light issues on the 2006 Malibu. Do you know the TSB number off hand? I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Louis Lagalo / Social Media / Sag
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks, actually, you did post a response on that thread.