Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox trade it or keep it?

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Equinox trade it or keep it?

My Folks have a 2011 Chevy Equinox with 72,000 miles on it. It has the 4cylinder engine and is 2wd. They love it, but are thinking about trading it. My mother is a diehard Chevy person so I'm sure they would go for a new Equinox.

I'm wondering what kind of maintenance can they expect down the road? Is there a weakness in the engine or transmission that is going to surface or was this model year pretty bullet proof? My mom talked about wanting to keep it till it dies, but my dad is thinking that it might be time to trade.

I'll be combing the forum looking for problems others have faced, but would appreciate any advice. thanks
Old December 22nd, 2014, 1:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by petry
I'll be combing the forum looking for problems others have faced, but would appreciate any advice. thanks
that shouldn't be hard.
Old April 29th, 2022, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade it or keep it

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
that shouldn't be hard.
I will say this from experience. I have a 2013 nox and I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle as I have been with this one.
Tell your folks to trade it away now before the codes start because once they start they don't ever stop. You think you've taken care of a code and the next day a new one comes up. It's a vicious circle you don't want to get caught in.
I loved my nox but only had it 1 year before the code game started. Because of this car I have lost all my faith that I had in chevy. i defended chevy when my boyfriend would start ranking on my nox but alas I must admit he s right this car is a piece of **** and I will never buy chevy again..
trade it,, give it to the junk yard,, give it to a auto school so they can see what not to do,, do anything but don't keep it.. sorry chevy you have lost a lifetime customer.