Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2011, 5:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation service stabilitrak

i adjusted the tire pressure on all four wheels down to 27 psi cold the service stabilitrak message cleared until i drove for a mile and a half and entered the express way the tire pressure raised to 34 psi and the error lit once again.
Old January 10th, 2011, 2:35 AM
CF Beginner

So after $327 to the car fixer dude...this is what he said....these care are designed faulty. Any time u jump the battery or jump some one else's... chances are u'll blow this fuse and lose steering. Only way to avoid is to remove the fuse first. This can be a pain....but its all u can do.
Old January 29th, 2011, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default "Stabilitrak Service" Warning

I purchased a used 2007 Equinox LS for my wife with 68K kilometers for mileage. It sat on our driveway while we were away on holidays. When we returned the vehicle didn’t want to start so it seemed a boost was a good idea. After the boost the vehicle started however the Stabilitrak Service warning appeared on the dash and there is also no power-steering.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

I’ve since read the Megafuse (block #63) might resolve the problem however I’ve also read some people have experienced problems starting their vehicles once the megafuse is removed and or then replaced.<o></o>
<o> </o>
Why would the vehicle not start after removing/replacing the megafuse? Does removing/replacing the fuse cause the vehicle’s computer to become confused? Should I refer the problem to the dealer? Any support or advice in this matter is sincerely appreciated!
Old January 31st, 2011, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JasonfromMinnesota
I have a 2008 Equinox LT AWD and I am getting a message "Service Stabilitrack" in my dash and my check engine light is on. I have check all the fuses under the hood above the battery all of them are good. I don’t notice any lack of performance during driving but my remote start no longer works. Any help or clues to solve this would be appreciated.fficeffice" /><O></O>
I had same thing with wifes equ.- I pulled the negative battery cable for 30 secs. or so and the message went away after reinstalling. We also had a check engine light on once for a fuel sensor (thank god we were under warranty) and the remote start will not work if you have an active "check engine light on" Must be some safety junk.
Old January 31st, 2011, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lifters or fuel injectors noise

Seems to me that the lifters or the injectors are loud in my 08'. I may be the only one but Is any one else have constant ticking while idling? I've went to thicker oil and I don't see that much improvement. I didn't know if this is a normal thing or what.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation "Serice Sabilitrack" message

so i left the battery off and that cleared the error that was temporary thought once i drive on the freeway the "service stabilitrack" message returns and the check engine light comes on again. If i immediately turn off the stabilitrack with the button nest to the shifter i will not get the error. What could be going on ?
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Have any of you been to or have spoken with your dealerships? If you have please message me and I will do what I can to get this resolved. If not I suggest you do so. Many of you seem to be in the 2007-2008 range and should be covered for a fix like this under the 5 year 100,000 mile Powertrain warranty, under normal circumstances. I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Have any of you been to or have spoken with your dealerships? If you have please message me and I will do what I can to get this resolved. If not I suggest you do so. Many of you seem to be in the 2007-2008 range and should be covered for a fix like this under the 5 year 100,000 mile Powertrain warranty, under normal circumstances. I hope this information helps you.

Doesn't the powertrain warranty only cover internal engine repairs? After all, the word "powertrain" only refers to the engine itself. This implies to me that any other non-engine related repair (i.e. transmission, ABS, Stabilitrak) is not covered by the 5yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, It upsets me that what is/is not covered by this warranty is very vague. I have not been able to find a good source that clearly states what is/is not covered. I just changed the EGR valve a few weeks ago (only 58K miles) on our 2007 Equinox because I assumed it would not be covered.
Old March 16th, 2011, 8:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Actually the Powertrain warranty covers much more than you think. It covers the entire powertrain from the engine to the transmission to the Drive Systems and Trasnfer case if equiped. In fact this is the wording for the powertrain warranty as it would show in your warranty manual that came with the vehicle at initial purchase.

Engine Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line). Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e.: Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module, module programming, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

Transmission/Transaxle Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transmission (Slave cylinder, etc.) as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors.

The Transfer Case Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case (Slave cylinder, etc.) as well as encoder motor, transfer case control modules and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors.

The Drive Systems Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, final drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts, universal joints, wheel bearings, front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, mounts, supports, seals, gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e.: front differential actuator, etc.) as well as any transmission control module and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems.

I that this information helps you.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Equinox and have had no problems with steering or electrical until today. I parked the car and when I started it to back from the parking spot I had no power steering. I was able to manhandle the car out of the spot and onto the road, I was a couple of miles up the road before the "service stabilitrek" light came on. Nothing I do has any effect on getting the power steering working or the service light off. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing