Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2011, 8:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayneof North carolina
I have a 2007 Equinox and have had no problems with steering or electrical until today. I parked the car and when I started it to back from the parking spot I had no power steering. I was able to manhandle the car out of the spot and onto the road, I was a couple of miles up the road before the "service stabilitrek" light came on. Nothing I do has any effect on getting the power steering working or the service light off. Any suggestions?
Wayneof north carolina,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Equinox. Did you speak with the dealership about the issue? If so, did you get the issue fixed?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 29th, 2011, 4:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Service Stabilitrack FIXED @!@!$%#!!

OK so i found out that my EGR (exhaust gas recirc)valve was stuck open and was recirculating exhaust back to the engine so it had reduced torch. the stabilitrack automatically shuts off due to reduced power from engine. me and my wife replaced the EGR valve and gasket ($70 @ Auto Zone) in our garage and when we reconnected the battery cables all errors were clear!!! and have been for a week and the equinox runs way smoother and better on gas. Thank you ONSTAR diagnostics! if you have any questions email.
Old June 15th, 2011, 6:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Equinox Owner
The 80 Amp Mega fuse is located under the hood compartment of your vehicle and it is number 63 block. I do have the 80 Amp Fuse if anyone needs one, I had to purchase several from company to get since dealership could not get it and did nothing to find out how to acquire one from outside of area.
I want to know how to replace it. How much does this fuse cost? Do I just unhook the battery and then pull it out? Because this is hooked into the terminal, right?
Old July 24th, 2011, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lost power steering

I attempted to jump a vehicle yesterday. When I backed away, I got the error message AND lost my power steering. THAT was exciting. I am hoping I can find an 80-amp Mega Fuse for block 63.
Old July 25th, 2011, 5:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default no power steering, loses power

My problem I later found out was my transmission control module. It was a 900 dollar fix... Luckily for me it was covered under the powertrain warranty
Old July 26th, 2011, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default found the fuse!

Fortunately, the local Chevy dealer had the Mega 80 fuse. It set me back $18.70, and I replaced it myself easily. I was tired of driving a tank, steering-wise! Thanks for the great advice!

For those not sure, block 63 for the fuse is the one between the terminals. You have to remove the bolts and wires to take the fuse out. Five minutes maximum.
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:41 AM
CF Beginner

I need a 80 AMP mega fuse for my (EPS) 08 Chevy Equinox - where can I get one and how much does it cost...... I know this is the resolution to my (no) power steering issue but no one has one right now.... I cant keep driving my vehicle like this - my arms hurt...
Old June 29th, 2012, 7:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KNivison
I need a 80 AMP mega fuse for my (EPS) 08 Chevy Equinox - where can I get one and how much does it cost...... I know this is the resolution to my (no) power steering issue but no one has one right now.... I cant keep driving my vehicle like this - my arms hurt...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I recommend contacting your local dealer, they should be able to get one for you. Amazon.com* is another option, just make sure that the fuse will fit your vehicle.

*General Motors neither endorses nor maintains these sites and will not be responsible for any of its contents.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 29th, 2012, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reply to Stabilitrak off...

I thought it could be a fuse, so I replaced the big fuse on the top of the engine like the manual said... but My real problem was a chip that went out.... It is covered if youre still in warranty and luckily I was but if the fuse replacement isnt what works for you, take it in.

Good Luck
Old August 19th, 2012, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default I can not find this Fuse!! any suggestions?

Gave a jump with my 08 equinox now my 80 amp fuse needs replacing...no one carrys it? Anyone know where to get one specifically?

Quick Reply: Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing