Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Struts

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2017, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts

i have a 2009 equinox sport. I ordered quick struts from summit and they said that they fit my application so I put them on and the stance was really high like a old school gasser would have been. I got an alignment done and got the camber fixed and the car runs and drives fine. I then called Monroe that supplies the struts to see how long the height will be high and found out they don't make equinox sport quick struts. The struts that I put on where for any other equinox. When I put the struts side by side they look identical. My question for this forum is that does it affect anything negatively having those struts on besides the ride height or would it be fine to leave them on and deal with little bit higher ride height in the front? The alignment was able to be corrected by the way.
Old February 17th, 2017, 9:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by erma60060
i have a 2009 equinox sport. I ordered quick struts from summit and they said that they fit my application so I put them on and the stance was really high like a old school gasser would have been. I got an alignment done and got the camber fixed and the car runs and drives fine. I then called Monroe that supplies the struts to see how long the height will be high and found out they don't make equinox sport quick struts. The struts that I put on where for any other equinox. When I put the struts side by side they look identical. My question for this forum is that does it affect anything negatively having those struts on besides the ride height or would it be fine to leave them on and deal with little bit higher ride height in the front? The alignment was able to be corrected by the way.
​​​​​​I would put the right ones on. The front suspension is going to be much softer with those struts and springs compared to the correct parts that are supposed to be on there. Handling will definitely be impaired a bit as a result because the rear still has the stiffer shocks & springs that came with the Sport package.
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts

thank you for your reply. As I drove on these struts I almost felt like these were stiffer than what came on the car. What was crazy about it was the struts side by side were identical. I'm not sure what made one different from the other. What made the ride higher? The springs were exactly the same and the struts were exactly the same length. It made me wonder what made the ride height different. I also know it takes a few hundred miles to get the springs to compress a litttle so I know the ride would come down a little also.