Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Temp Gauge Not Working 07 Nox

Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2007 chevy equinox my fans are not turning on i checked all fuses and relays they all are good what would be the next step for me to check the ac works fine when im driving a soon i come to a stop it gets warm and the do not turn on please help.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 9:53 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jramirez1958
i have a 2007 chevy equinox my fans are not turning on i checked all fuses and relays they all are good what would be the next step for me to check the ac works fine when im driving a soon i come to a stop it gets warm and the do not turn on please help.
You should have started a new thread. Your issue has nothing to do with the the issue that is addressd in this thread. To answer your questions, the first thing I would do is unplug both fans and inspect the plugs for corrosion or other degradation. A common problem on the Equinox is that the plugs going to the cooling fans develop a bad connection over time which eventually causes excessive heat and warps the plug. It can get bad enough that the fans won't work because the current can't pass through the weak connection.
Old October 11th, 2014, 1:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Before replacing the cluster try pulling the fuse. My fuel gauge went crazy on me for a while. After pulling the fuse for about 30 seconds, I put in back in and now everything is fine.
Old November 6th, 2014, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

pull the fus it worked fine after that th one on the inside panel for the cluster pull th fuse for 30 seconds replace fuse and waylah no problem
Old March 29th, 2015, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

I too have an 07 Equinox with a faulty reading Temp gauge. The needle is all the way over to the right side of the gauge, opposite of where it should be. I replaced the ECT sensor trying to fix the cooling fan problem which turned out to be the fan connector being loose. Now there is a low popping type noise coming from the back part of the engine. Has anyone had this popping noise problem?
Old June 8th, 2018, 10:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy equinox

Originally Posted by ruley73
See my previous post. I would definitely try replacing the coolant temp sensor before replacing the cluster. An OEM coolant temp sensor for your car is GM p/n 12608814 and runs about $30 from your local stealership. You can also use Wells p/n SU112 which runs about $22 from your local AutoZone, but you will need the part number as the parts guy will not be able to look it up. However, that OEM p/n 12608814 does cross reference to SU112 so it is correct.

This part should take less then 10 minutes to replace, and it is it cheap enough that it is worth a shot.

Good luck
Hi my gauge just stop working and my ac turned off do to engine running to hot warning came on. Do u think it’s the coolent temp sensor
Old June 10th, 2018, 5:36 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence Meza

Hi my gauge just stop working and my ac turned off do to engine running to hot warning came on. Do u think it’s the coolent temp sensor
It probably is the problem, but I can't guarantee that without further troubleshooting & testing. You can just replace the sensor if you want because they are really cheap and usually not hard to replace.
Old June 8th, 2023, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Replaced everything I can think of and the needle stays all the way down.

Originally Posted by ruley73
See my previous post. I would definitely try replacing the coolant temp sensor before replacing the cluster. An OEM coolant temp sensor for your car is GM p/n 12608814 and runs about $30 from your local stealership. You can also use Wells p/n SU112 which runs about $22 from your local AutoZone, but you will need the part number as the parts guy will not be able to look it up. However, that OEM p/n 12608814 does cross reference to SU112 so it is correct.

This part should take less then 10 minutes to replace, and it is it cheap enough that it is worth a shot.

Good luck
I have replaced every part that you can think of and the needle still functions incorrectly. Stays down all the way usually. Every once in a while it will work properly. I have no idea what to do!