Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Yet another 2010 Equinox burning oil and stalling!

Old May 5th, 2014, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Problem

Hi Erica:
I, also have a 2010 Chevy Equinox Lt and am also having the same problems as everyone on this forum, with the stalling, oil consumption and now my check engine light is on. Since this seems like a problem with the same type of vehicle as everyone here, can you also help me out by reaching out to my dealership. Its funny how all these problems happens after the warranty runs out. It does not seem like the dealership know about these issues or they act like they don't know about it. I do not know why this car is having this type of problems so early. I always wondered why my oil is already low when i come in for an oil change and i change my oil every 3,000-4,000 miles.

can you also email me at shor_teez10@yahoo.com and i'll give you more info on my vehicle.
thanks so much,
thelma
Old May 6th, 2014, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default I have questions for Chevy Customer Service As well

We are experiencing the same problems. Could I visit with someone about this from Chevy?
Old May 7th, 2014, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update on 2010 LTZ

I took my car to dealership.
Blue Ribbon Chevrolet, Sallisaw, Oklahoma. I have been blessed with a great service manager who has shown concern but is limited by GM as to totally 'fixing' the issues on my Nox.
We have completed two oil consumption tests. My car is consuming over a quart every 1k miles. As of Monday, I am waiting to hear back what the next step is in protocol. I was told the Service Mgr calls GM and is then told to put a deflector on car them when that fails and it will, look at rings and cylinders.
What a run around. Not only is the car shutting down on the highway (reduced engine power) which is a great safety issue for myself and passengers but to the drivers around me driving 70+ mph. I now have three clogged catalytic converters need a full throttle body and who knows what other damage is done by this manufacture defect.
I have consulted an attorney who is looking into this matter. I know by myself I can't get GM to properly and fairly (no cost to me) fix this. With the high volume of people with the exact issues, and the safety issues it poses, we are preparing for a class action lawsuit against GM.
I will be setting up a website and going to my news station and local radio stations to goto whatever measures necessary to get GM to make this right. If nothing else, prevent people from buying from a reputable manufacturer who does NOT stand behind their work.
I will update and give my website info if anyone is interested.
Totally Exasperated,
Beverly
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Shortee_z, Ashfay1, and BeverlySB,

I am truly sorry to hear about your individual vehicle concerns. I would like to look into this for you further with your Chevrolet dealerships. Please Private message me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership name. Shortee_z, I will email you shortly.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 13th, 2014, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ks430,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue with your Equinox vehicle. Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue? If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
I am having the same issue - go oil on the dipstick after 1 month after an oil change. How can I get this covered by my powertrain warranty? My check engine light is going on periodically with the code saying that my fuel injectors are clogged. Engine is running very rough.

Last edited by mserafine; May 13th, 2014 at 9:53 AM. Reason: additional info added
Old May 13th, 2014, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

I"m having the same issues - no oil on dipstick after 1,000 miles, rough engine, check engine light coming on. Please help before power train warranty is expired!!!!
Old May 13th, 2014, 2:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mserafine
I"m having the same issues - no oil on dipstick after 1,000 miles, rough engine, check engine light coming on. Please help before power train warranty is expired!!!!
Hi mserafine,

Your dealership would be in the best position to perform the necessary testing to determine what's causing your vehicle to lose oil and why your engine is running rough. I understand how this matter may be concerning and it is best to have this checked out before your warranty expires. If there is anything we can look into for you, please feel free to private message us your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership name.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 19th, 2014, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Tired of the problems with my 2010 Equinox

I just bought my 2010 Equinox LT in October 2013. Love the way it handles and the roominess. But it all stops there. In Feb 2014 while in Florida for the winter(we bought fro Chevy dealer in Indiana) we noticed a loud ticking sound coming fron the engine. This was at 43,000 miles. Took it to a chevy dealership down there and immediately had to have the timing chain replaced. We found a service bulletin on this problem and was repaired under the power train warranty. Came home and the first of June the stabiltrak service light came on along with the ABS light. Had to have a broken wire in the wiring harness repaired. There is a service bulletin on this problem also #339214 & 330125. However Chevrolet said that the bulletin does not pertain to my particular model. ?????
That was a week ago tomorrow. This morning I started my car and the emergency hazard lights came on and cannot get them to turn off. Along with that the seatbelt service idiot light came on and will not go off. My radio display goes from normal to set dat and time and then goes to a black screen. My husband is at the garage right now to see if they can shut the hazard lights off so we can drive it til it can be fixed.I have had an *** full of this car. Every week there is something else. I am retired and only drive it for leisure trips. It now has 50,000 miles on it. I am almost to the point I too am ready to drive it to the nearest chevy dealership and tell them to set a match to it. My husband and I have bought chevys for over 50 years. He has always had a chevy truck and I had the chevy cars. Never in the 50 years have we ever had such problems with a car. I also neglected to say that when we took our car for the timing chain repair it too was 3 quarts low on oil and uses a quart of oil every 3000 miles on oil change. We were also told that this is NORMAL for this engine. I had a 2004 Trailblazer with 120,000 mile on it before I traded it in on the JUNK and it never used a drop of oil the entire time. I am afraid to drive this thing very far for fear of what will go wrong next.
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phartzell
Came home and the first of June the stabiltrak service light came on along with the ABS light. Had to have a broken wire in the wiring harness repaired. There is a service bulletin on this problem also #339214 & 330125. However Chevrolet said that the bulletin does not pertain to my particular model. ?????
That was a week ago tomorrow.
What is your particular model!???

equinox what?
Old June 20th, 2014, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reply to sledge.impy

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
What is your particular model!???

equinox what?
I have 2010 Equinox LT FWD 4 cylinder. But, be it an LS, LT or LTZ they all have the same motors and wiring harnesses. The difference in the models are the featrues added. So I can not for the life of me see why that would make a difference with the wiring. This wiring is inside a harness. Not likely anyone would access it unless there was a problem or had been in an accident. Mine is neither.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet another 2010 Equinox burning oil and stalling!