Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

06 Express 2500 security light comes on the cluster dies ?

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2016, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Express 2500 security light comes on the cluster dies ?

New guy here, I have a 06 express 2500 with around 190k on the motor and body my motor is the 4.8 and the van is power delete{ no power anything}
Problem I'm having is the security light comes on then the instrument cluster dies { fuel gauge, speedo, everything } this happens while driving down the road and if it's running and sitting in place. The van still runs and drives no power loss or anything and it starts every time. this will happen about every 4 or 5 days then it goes back to normal.
Any ideas?
Old August 14th, 2016, 10:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a bad ignition switch cylinder or a bad cluster. Check all the fuses and google cleaning the key cylinder.
Old August 16th, 2016, 9:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by browningv308
New guy here, I have a 06 express 2500 with around 190k on the motor and body my motor is the 4.8 and the van is power delete{ no power anything}
Problem I'm having is the security light comes on then the instrument cluster dies { fuel gauge, speedo, everything } this happens while driving down the road and if it's running and sitting in place. The van still runs and drives no power loss or anything and it starts every time. this will happen about every 4 or 5 days then it goes back to normal.
Any ideas?

Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and can offer assistance. We have a diagnostics service and would be able to check the cluster out and offer repair options. If it is not repairable, we will help locate a replacement for you. Check out this link to read more about the diagnostics service and feel free to call us with any questions. Mention that you talked with us on the Chevy Forum as well!

Diagnosis