Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light

I have a 2003 Express conversion van. On Fathers Day this year, we drove the van in very hot weather about 200 miles. When we stopped for a few minutes and restarted the van, the ABS and brake lights lit up on the dash. We had the brakes tested and there have been no problems, (5 mos later) but the light still shows up and stays on.
Has anybody else had this problem??
Old November 26th, 2007, 7:01 PM
Professional Mechanic

Default RE: ABS light

You had the brakes tested? Did they clear the ABS light at that time? Sounds like a bad wheel/ABS sensor? You should be able to have a shop(or yourself)hook the van up to a computer and test the ABSsystem and clear the warning light. The ABS light will stay off if the system is in proper working order.
Old January 1st, 2008, 7:35 PM
Tim
CF Beginner

Default RE: ABS light

Yup! My abs light remains on. I have a 2003 chevy express 2500. I took it in for a brake job because the abs light was on plus there was some squeaking. After the brake job the squeaking was gone but the abs light was still on. The shop manager told me it was separate problems. I took it to the dealer and after $80.00 they told me the abs harness had to be replaced and they woiuld do it for only $630.00. Well, the light is still on (it kind ofgives my dash that holiday touch)and I'm just using regular brakes.
You can see my other post below regarding my ignition. I'm saving for that one first. It is most annoying.