Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1990 Chevy G20 van turns over wont start

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Chevy G20 van turns over wont start

i had a problem with the AC it would shut off at about 55-65 mph let off the gas and it would come back on always stayed cold im not an AC guy so took it too a shop my dad used and people i have known for years ( i dont know much about chevy's ) i have always been a mopar guy but anyway they said they replaced the vacuum switch so i did grease oil filter while there AC stays running and cold then if you ran the van and stopped at a store or something it would not start right back up just turn over like it was starving for gas ( its TBI ) then it would start then the on my way home doing about 60-65 the oil pressure gauge started going crazy 0 pressure then back up again never lost power or made any engine noise so the next morning i notice the water pump bottom seal leaking but puke tank & radiator were full so i drove my truck figured i would get to it this weekend loosened the radiator cap no pressure no leaks now the van wont start at all just turns over i have the original service manual and electrical diagnosis & wiring diagrams also looked all over the web for info on 1990 Chevy g20 van 305 4spd auto no where is there a listing for a vacuum switch needless to say i am stumped and pi--ed off aaahhhggg all i can do at this point is have it towed back to the shop in the am go with the tow truck and ask them exactly what they did to my van prior to this it ran strong like a champ i have been putting 400-500 miles a week on it since i got it with no issues at all !!!