Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1991gmc vandura 2500 camper project

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2015, 5:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991gmc vandura 2500 camper project

Hey guys new to this forum (Hence why I'm posting here) so I'll give ya a little background on me. My names will I'm 21 Me and my lovely girlfiend Adrianna just moved to Vernon BC from Southern Ontario where we were born and raised shortly after landing I bought a 1991 gmc vandura 2500 305 long Wheelbase. Adrianna let me buy it cause it was $400 and tardis blue shortly after getting it I had my mind set to turn it in to a camper as did the guy before me but he must of been on glue and totally screwed the wiring. after an alternator and a battery later I started to make plans for the camper I'll post my progress as I go along and I'll probably have some questions and am always up for advice and tipsHey guys new to this forum (Hence why I'm posting here) so I'll give ya a little background on me. My names will I'm 21 Me and my lovely girlfiend Adrianna just moved to Vernon BC from Southern Ontario where we were born and raised shortly after landing I bought a 1991 gmc vandura 2500 305 long Wheelbase. Adrianna let me buy it cause it was $400 and tardis blue shortly after getting it I had my mind set to turn it in to a camper as did the guy before me but he must of been on glue and totally screwed the wiring. after an alternator and a battery later I started to make plans for the camper I'll post my progress as I go along and I'll probably have some questions and am always up for advice and tips. Also if some one can tell me how to upload pictures that would be great

Last edited by will212; April 6th, 2015 at 5:26 AM.
Old April 6th, 2015, 2:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to bc....lol. You doubled in your post. no biggie.

There is lots of room in the long wheelbase units. 305 is a bit underpowered but you will get a few more mpg. I think you have the 700r4 tranny which is costly to rebuild, so make sure you get it serviced, and maybe add an aux cooler.....
I have never posted a pic, but check the FAQ section for hints...
You could always post a link to pics on another website.....facebook etc...