Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1994 G20 Conversion van - Shocks question

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2017, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 G20 Conversion van - Shocks question

Hello all,

Just got a 1994 G20 conversion van. The ride is soft but get seriously bumpy on imperfections. I think it's time change the shocks. What are the specs on front and rear?Looking to go with Bilsteins but not sure if front and read are the same or not.

Thanks!

Max
Old March 14th, 2017, 7:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go with Monroe Gas-Magnum 34839/front, 34910/rear, check your actual specs, RockAuto.com has a large selection, reasonably priced.

The MonroeŽ Gas-MagnumŽ truck shock absorber is designed for mid to full size, hard working pick-up trucks and vans. These units provide firm control without a harsh ride. With up to twice the fluid capacity of standard 1 inch bore shocks, MonroeŽ Gas-MagnumŽ truck shocks work more efficiently with less effort.

Plus they have a rebate available now. Receive up to $100 with purchase of qualifying Monroe or Rancho Shocks or Struts. Your application would receive the $50 Visa Prepaid Card.

Get a $50 Visa Prepaid Card with purchase of four (4) qualifying Monroe or Rancho shocks.
Get a $75 Visa Prepaid Card with purchase of two (2) qualifying Monroe shocks and two (2) qualifying Monroe struts.
Get a $100 Visa Prepaid Card with purchase of four (4) qualifying Monroe struts.
Old March 14th, 2017, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I never used Monroe before. Have you had good experience with it? Price is low enough to not make such a dent in my pocket.
Old March 14th, 2017, 9:00 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Vaysburg
Thanks! I never used Monroe before. Have you had good experience with it? Price is low enough to not make such a dent in my pocket.
Yes, very good shock, probably most used and trusted worldwide.
Old March 19th, 2017, 7:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out your springs too. They affect ride more so than shocks.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunately I cant agree with the rest of the world. Monroe,didn't even bother after one had a leak when I pulled it out of box. Bilstein, seemed way too wimpy for loaded van. But rancho. Actually broke lower mounts the po half welded on. And can you beat a lifetime warranty? Only thing I've seen tougher are the Gabriels I put on my freightliner