Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1997 GMC Savana Conversion Questions

Old November 16th, 2016, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 GMC Savana Conversion Questions

Hey guys

I really hope you guys could help me with a few issues.

1. Rear brake light works fine but when I turn on the presence lights the brake light won't work but the presence light works. It's not the bulb but I think it may be a loose wire.

2. Are the taillights from a 2003+ interchangeable with the 1996-2002?

3. The rear heat does not work. Where would I start to look?

4. Some of th instrument lights are burnt out. Easy to replace? Also the power locks don't work when the engine is off. Can a double din touch screen fit in the 96-02?
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:29 AM
CF Beginner

Old November 18th, 2016, 10:15 AM
CF Junior Member

There may not be rear heat. My rear fan switch is only a fan, not hot or cold, just a fan. My instrument lights went out...I had only the clock/radio light and the transmission indicator light. I removed the instrument panel and replaced it to be sure it's firmly seated: there are no regular light bulbs in the circuit board. Next thing to check is the headliight switch, supposedly the normal culprit for this condition. Changing mine didn't work, although it did one time, provide instrument lights for a few minutes. Also, c heck all the fuses, inside and under the hood. Let me know if you fix it, I'd like to have instrument lights. I've been using my GPS for a speedometer; I seldom drive at night.
I have a '97 Express 1500 conversion van by Compact Equipment Company in CA, now out of business.

Search this Thread