Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2001 Suburban 1500 front electric seats quit working at the same time.

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2016, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Suburban 1500 front electric seats quit working at the same time.

We were on our way home from vacation when both front electric seats quit working at the same time. So they are stuck in the same position. The only thing i can remember is my foot being stuck under the drivers seat (i was in the backseat)
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Check fuses and check to see if you damaged/unplugged wire harness under seat
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a copy and paste of a fix from a different forum.

I had the exact same problem...Power seat on driver side didn't work.....passenger did! Neither seat heater worked in front seats... Checked all fuses and circuit breakers,,,all good! All of a sudden it started working again. Then stopped. Come to find out if you look under the driver seat from the back seat, there is a wiring junction clip with some pretty heavy gauge wires, maybe 2 rows of 8 wires......I could see bare wire on the black,,,,assuming that is the ground and I think the one next to it was yellow, it also was showing bare wire,,,,i pushed the wires firmly into the clip and the seats started working. It appears the wires either get kicked around by kids feet or the seat moves forward and they have a little stress and pull apart???? works now....Hope this helps cause it seems that a lot of people are having this problem....
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Here is a copy and paste of a fix from a different forum.

I had the exact same problem...Power seat on driver side didn't work.....passenger did! Neither seat heater worked in front seats... Checked all fuses and circuit breakers,,,all good! All of a sudden it started working again. Then stopped. Come to find out if you look under the driver seat from the back seat, there is a wiring junction clip with some pretty heavy gauge wires, maybe 2 rows of 8 wires......I could see bare wire on the black,,,,assuming that is the ground and I think the one next to it was yellow, it also was showing bare wire,,,,i pushed the wires firmly into the clip and the seats started working. It appears the wires either get kicked around by kids feet or the seat moves forward and they have a little stress and pull apart???? works now....Hope this helps cause it seems that a lot of people are having this problem....
Our 05 had this same problem