Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2001 Vanity Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2015, 7:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 2001 Vanity Bulbs

Does anyone know how to change the vanity bulbs in the sun visors of a 2001 Chevrolet Express passenger van? Mine are burned out and I am having trouble getting them out with the plastic shroud (see attached photo) that half surrounds them. There are no directions in the owner's manual as it says to contact your GM service technician. The replacements are the push in type but I am not able to get a good grip on them to pull them out. I do not want to break them as that may cause even more complications. Thanks in advance for any shop service manual help or suggestions.

Old April 5th, 2015, 9:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can push them side to side a bit to loosen them, but yes they just pull out. Might be time to get help from smaller hands....lol.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 8:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Pair of pliers wrapped in a soft cloth?

Can you please take a picture of these visors? I would like to have a set with lights but all the ones I have seen only come with a tiny mirror. I might just cave and have some bigger mirrors made and forgo the lights.
Old April 24th, 2015, 8:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Pair of pliers wrapped in a soft cloth?

Can you please take a picture of these visors? I would like to have a set with lights but all the ones I have seen only come with a tiny mirror. I might just cave and have some bigger mirrors made and forgo the lights.

Here are the pictures you requested. They are the visors in a 2001 Chevrolet Express passenger conversion van.

Old April 25th, 2015, 12:16 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you.

GM has that huge visor and tiny mirror. They must use that same plastic mold for other cars, otherwise.. I don't understand why it's so small. I guess it's probably all you need, it just looks small relative to the visor. Any comments? I'd like to have mirrors on mine, naturally I always prefer factory items.