Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 Express 1500 cargo - right rear door "open"

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Express 1500 cargo - right rear door "open"

For the last week or so I've been getting a message on the DIC about the right rear door being open. Obviously this is some sort of error. The odd thing is, I only get this message and chime when I am turning left! I have tried cleaning off the contacts on both rear doors but that doesn't seem to work. The vehicle has 75K miles. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> PatrickGCU,

This may occur due to an obstruction, another possibility is a wiring issue. These are just suggestions, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer more information after physically inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 20th, 2012, 2:40 PM
Site Ambassador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pull the door switch out and look at it thoroughly, the problem may be in the switch itself, not necessarily the contacts. If thats not it, I'd trace that door sensor wire as far back from the trigger switch as I could go until it goes into the wiring harness in case theres a short where the wire got pulled or something going into the door. Thats just me, I like to exhaust all options before taking it to the shop.