Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2014 Express 2500 input

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2015, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2014 Express 2500 input

I bought my Express in April 2014, drive a lot of highway miles, the MPG is around the 15mpg mark, and love this van. My only issues are on lack of fine tuning the engine. A few questions here; 1) How often does the fuel filter need to be changed? 2) How long does the AC unit operate until servicing? 3) How do you replace the sun visor? The plastic peg sticking out to catch onto the visor hook broke off with only a slight amount of pressure while putting it back onto the catch!!! Anybody have any clues on what brand of tire works best for the Express 2500?
Old December 31st, 2015, 11:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The owners manual will have a list of what to change and when. (fuel filter etc.) I have owned AC equipped vehicles that ran over 10 years no recharge. Does the sun visor not have screws you can see? I like my michelin ltx all seasons......they are bulletproof.
Check your door jamb sticker for tire size and required load rating.
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

I found an online manual and read it over several times and never found anything regarding a fuel filter...
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

As for the sun visor... I unscrewed the 3 screws and the part would not come off... so I assume the entire ceiling piece must come off or some other way...
Old December 31st, 2015, 4:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, gm is stupid. It doesn't say.
I have read around 30000 miles.....
As for the visor, I have not had mine off.
Yours look like this?
New 03 13 Chevrolet Express GMC Savanna 1500 2500 3500 Sun Visor Retainer Clip | eBay
Old December 31st, 2015, 5:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firestone TransForce HT or AT are brilliant tires. Make sure you get the correct load range.
Old December 31st, 2015, 6:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Sunvisor... I forget, I've had mine out several times. Three screws... and...? You just pull do you not? The other part, the one that it clips into, you need one of those plastic trim tab removers to loosen the lock pin.

Best to read something like:
http://www.repairprocedures.com
Old December 31st, 2015, 7:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if you have a gas engine the fuel system is returnless and there is no serviceable fuel filter. it is part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank. If you have a diesel engine, the fuel filter monitor should expire at maybe 18 000 kilometers. Just follow the life monitor.

there is no a/c service interval. no maintenance is required for any automotive a/c system I have ever seen.

any tires should be load range E. get an alignment when its time for new tires. for the alignment, the vehicle should be loaded as it would be during normal use.

3 screws hold the sun visor in place.