Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2014, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Hello all,

I just picked up a new 2015 Express 2500 extended cargo van for my business. The van came equipped with power windows and power locks. It did not, however, come with any remotes.

The window sticker states that the van has power locks but does not include (ATG) remote keyless entry, must be ordered separately.

My question is does anyone know what parts I need to put RKE in the van?

I asked the stealership today and they seem to think that all I need is the receiver and the fobs. They said that they checked the parts system and did not see anything for what I need. They said to call back after the holidays to see if any parts have been added.

Thanks for you help.
Old December 15th, 2014, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Go on the internet and search for "Bulldog keyless entry". I installed one in a G-van about 3 years ago and it works like a charm. Actually it is a universal keyless entry that will work with any power lock system.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Or you could add an alarm and have it hooked up to the power locks. bonus security.
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry should have mentioned the Bulldog (KE1702) has an immobilizer that taps into the starter wire.

In my opinion, audible car alarms should have been banned immediately as a noise pollutant with little benefit to the owner.
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

An immobilizer won't save the thousands in tools I have in my truck, as theft from vehicle crimes vastly outnumber actual car theft. If the shock sensor is turned down, and it only goes off if a door is opened, then its way worth it.
Old December 24th, 2014, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

I have thought about an aftermarket system and I have not ruled that out but I wanted to have it OEM.

With what little information I am finding out online it looks like I may have to go aftermarket. It appears that GM makes it hard if not impossible for a dealership to add options that should be installed at the factory.

I had a similar situation several years ago when I bought my wife a 2009 Malibu. The car came equipped with On-Star and all the steering wheel controls but no bluetooth. I keep asking the dealer if they could add it. Every dealer I went to would punch the VIN into their computer and tell me that the car did not come (from the factory) with bluetooth so it could not be added. I did some research and found out that the bluetooth part was a feature of the On-Star module. So, I purchased a new On-Star module and the associated bluetooth antenna. When it arrived I removed the original module and installed the new one, with bluetooth. Turned on the car, programmed my wife's phone into the car and everything works perfectly.

Seems to me I should be able to do the same thing since the van already has power locks/windows. The van should have the wiring in place and all I should have to do is get the appropriate module(s) and plug them in. I may have to go to the dealer to get the fob programmed to the vehicle. But that should be it. The problem, for now, is finding the proper modules.

If anyone has a 2015 Express cargo van with factory RKE maybe you could use your VIN to get me the part numbers that I need.

Merry Christmas.
Old December 25th, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look into the passenger vans. Do they have keyless entry?
Old December 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I checked service information for an accessory option for keyless entry. I did not see anything for it.

I did this exact same thing to my 2000 sierra. I added a rcdlr from the wrecker, plugged it in, reprogrammed the bcm and programmed the fob.

I do not know if its do-able for your van. The wiring harness may not be there for the rcdlr. If you have to run this wiring it would make aftermarket system the way to go.
Old December 25th, 2014, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
An immobilizer won't save the thousands in tools I have in my truck, as theft from vehicle crimes vastly outnumber actual car theft. If the shock sensor is turned down, and it only goes off if a door is opened, then its way worth it.
It is?! There's a damned van on my block and the alarm was going off every night for about two weeks. I don't remember anyone running out of their house to thwart that massive tool theft.

Come on, if someone wants your stuff, they'll get it. Actually when I put my Bulldog keyless in, I added a little extra: I wired it to disable the door unlock and window wind-down door buttons when the system is locked. So some jerk can break the windows but they can't open the doors. Maybe not Ford Knox, but better than nothing.
Old December 25th, 2014, 8:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_L
Actually when I put my Bulldog keyless in, I added a little extra: I wired it to disable the door unlock and window wind-down door buttons when the system is locked. So some jerk can break the windows but they can't open the doors. Maybe not Ford Knox, but better than nothing.

what good is that; pushing the manual lock lever still unlocks the door. maybe the child locks will outsmart them.lol

That is the good thing about factory content theft; when the door opens the alarm goes off... still, no one does anything to stop the theft.

Quick Reply: 2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry