Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2014, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the manual door unlock and covered the hole with a nylon cover. I should have written that but I guess most readers would have assumed it.
Old December 28th, 2014, 6:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please allow me to add my .02, no doubt folks do not call the police or always look when hearing a alarm sound but thieves do not want too linger in a car making a lot of noise.
Old December 28th, 2014, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Tech2 - The wiring is there. I was working on the van, the other day, installing an aftermarket backup camera. I noticed that there is also the wiring in place for the factory backup camera in the rear door panel.

I have done a little more research. But before I go in to that I wanted to tell you one obstacle that I am running into. When I go to "GM OEM PARTS" websites they have no options for selecting a 2015 model. Most stop at 2014.

Okay, what I have found - I located, on the web, a 2015 Cargo van with the factory "ATG" package which includes the RKE and NO REMOTE START. I then took the VIN from that vehicle and searched some sites. All of the "GM OEM PARTS" sites that I went to stated that that VIN was not valid. I went to a couple of dealership sites and had better luck.

I was able to locate the parts. The receiver, which appears to have the TPMS integrated with it, is about $65.00. The transmitters are about $75.00. The two sites that I visited had options for me to order the parts but neither of them listed the actual part numbers. I would like to have the actual P/N so that I can search the web for that part. Because, maybe just maybe, the TPMS that is installed in my van has the door lock receiver already and all I need is a transmitter.

It looks like I can order the parts for around $140. Which brings us to the next question. If I order these parts, and install them myself, will the dealer be able to program the system? From what I understand, GM went TIS on all their new vehicles and you can no longer use a TECH-2 to program new GM's.

This is the tricky part because of VIN's. GM knows, by VIN, that my van was not "factory" equipped with RKE. When a dealer plugs in the computer, and connects to TIS, will they be able to program my system? It would, kind of, be worth the $140.00 educational experience. But, naturally, I would like to know if it would work before I try.

Last edited by Selectric; December 28th, 2014 at 8:02 AM. Reason: Added comments
Old December 28th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian_L
I removed the manual door unlock and covered the hole with a nylon cover. I should have written that but I guess most readers would have assumed it.
I don't assume to know what people do to their vehicles. If you want take out a secondary safety device that legally has to be on a vehicle! Go for it. You don't pass it on to an employee to drive do you?

Last edited by tech2; December 28th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old December 29th, 2014, 1:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps Adrian_L can start his own thread on the finer points of vehicle security, and we can get back to helping Selectric with his issue.....
Old January 5th, 2015, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

That's funny, knucklehead, and kind of ironic since you brought up the apparently "irrelevant" alarm subject.

Why don't you start your own forum with a pedantic, no subject change/diversion clause. Sounds like it would be a giggle.
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope, that's okay. I'll just keep trying to help people. That's why you're here...right?
Old January 12th, 2015, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Okay, so my question to everyone is: If I purchase, and install, the factory transmitter and receiver will a tech be able to program the system?
Old January 13th, 2015, 7:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I can't say for sure. I know you can't on the new trucks. GM must change and release the programming for each specific vin.
Old January 19th, 2015, 2:07 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I too would like to know the answer to this. I have a 2015 Savana 2500 with PW/PL bluetooth, but no RKE. Stupid if you ask me. The competition lists it as standard.

Quick Reply: 2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry