Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2015, 4:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dberladyn - Does your window sticker state that ATG must be ordered separately?

You would think that RKE would be standard for ALL makes and models in this day and age. I mean for the actual cost to include RKE it does not make sense to not install it. The other thing that is ridiculous, if true, is that it is not a dealer installed option.

I would think that if a dealer REALLY wanted to help their customer they would push GM to help them get the RKE installed in their vehicle. I think the reality is that MOST dealers, like most people, do not care about anyone but themselves. Once the sale is finalized they could care less.

Also, I would think that a GM rep would be monitoring sites like this and be willing to help make happy customers. I mean happy customers make repeat customers.
Old January 19th, 2015, 11:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No, it doesn't say that anywhere. But I have seen it, probably on GM's website.

I completely agree with what you said because I have the same opinions. It's stupid. Things like this make me wonder why I buy GM. Look at the ProMaster and what is standard. Look at the Mercedes. It doesn't make sense, at this point I would think GM would need every option just to remotely attract potential buyers.

I did talk to the dealer about it, before I purchased. There was no way they would even attempt to retrofit factory options. They wanted to install an aftermarket RKE. I agreed and then took a $500 credit for that just before I signed. Who knows what they would have chosen and installed.

You can't trust them.

When I have more time I will try to figure this out. I did find the parts places you can buy online, but no information. Really I think you need to talk to a GM Mechanic. They are the ones who would know. Tough to find enthusiasts for Savana/Express Vans.

Maybe try looking in Silverado forums for someone who would know.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Selectric,

You need to talk to a GM mechanic.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

Does anyone know where the TPMS receiver is located on a 2015 Express?
Old January 23rd, 2015, 7:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the module your are referring to is call the remote control door lock receiver. it controls tpm and keyless entry functions. for g vans it is under the upper dash pad. it will be a square plastic box.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 11:16 PM
CF Pro Member

It looks like we need to have the dealership program the vehicle for it to actually work. Can anyone confirm this? I am basing this off a review from Amazon.

Genuine GM 20803735 Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Automotive)

I did have to take the car into the dealership to have the part programed to the vehicle. Research had indicated that due to my car having all the options that it could be programed with the DRIVER INFORMATION CONTROLS. (Wrong) It did haveto go to the dealership for programming. It was quite easy and simple to install. Remove the single screw at top of both windshield post cover and unclip the the cover from the post. Carefully lay them to each side and you won't have to unplug the small speakers in the cover. Carefully lift the panel between the dash and the windshield by prying up next to the dash. Six clips (+ or -) holding this panel down with a foam rubber strip across the front next to the windshield pressure sealed. Twist the day / night sensor to remove it without unplugging is easiest. Receiver is self clipped on driver side and easily replaced. About a 30 minute first timer job and 5 minute experienced. Call dealership and get price quote for reprogramming module in order to keep from being overcharged for installation.

http://www.amazon.com/product-review...owViewpoints=1
Old January 24th, 2015, 7:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

that review could be for a different generation of van. the antenna doesn't appear to be for a 2015 express van. I bet the 2015 doesn't have an external antenna. If the programming is available, it would need it. I 100% know plugging in an antenna won't enable anything. Multiple modules have to interface for these systems to work and they need correct programming to do it.
Old January 31st, 2015, 3:44 PM
CF Pro Member

I have to fill out my "report" to GM on Customer Satisfaction. The Salespeople told me it cannot be added, but I think that's total BS. I have a problem with my interior light not coming on when the doors are opened, one rear cargo door is out of alignment - it rubs, the other doesn't quite shut unless it's slammed.

I meant to take the van down to the dealership today but I became distracted. I am going to take it down there and I am going to find a mechanic to talk to. I am going to ask a GM Tech what's involved. It's obvious it can be added, it's just finding the will do to do so.

Right now, I have something they want and that's a good report on the Survey. I'll try going in on Monday if I have time and can do it in 20 minutes or less.
Old February 4th, 2015, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

I just wanted to give a quick update. I am still working on this issue and am running in to the usual stumbling block. That block would be finding a cooperative dealership and/or technician that will work with me. As soon as I can find someone I will post the results.
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know you want oem, but it seems that this is way more trouble than it is worth.
I would for sure get the other issue fixed by the dealer, but for the keyless entry, I would just go with a good quality security system with or without remote start..(your choice). It will most likely be cheaper and better than the oem system you are looking for. My dealer wants 150 bucks to sell and program a single fob for my 2002, I can only imagine how much they would bend someone over to retrofit a factory entry system....fobs and all. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: 2015 Express - Remote Keyless Entry