Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2016 Media Release

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2015, 11:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2016 Media Release

Well it looks to be an all new body, drivetrain, etc.

GMC News - United States - Savana Passenger Van

Old July 27th, 2015, 11:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Optional GMC IntelliLink with navigation radio
OnStar with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hotspot
Six standard air bags: frontal, side curtain and seat-mounted thorax
Optional single-pane side-view mirrors
Optional 220-amp generator
Optional dual isolated battery system

- I find it interesting there will be an IntelliLink Radio. Could this mean a Dash Revision of some sort? Along with new Dash Lighting? All the IntelliLink's I have seen are Red/White. Not our Aqua Blue or former White.

- WiFi, I will have that soon.

- Six Standard Air Bags, so curtain and seat airbags will be standard? I don't think I have the curtain airbags and I hope I don't. I am going to pull out my headliner soon, must look this up.

- You can go back to single pane mirrors.

- 220 Amp... isn't the former top end 245 Amp?

- Dual Batteries, that's nothing new, always was an option.... oh wait... isolated. This will be interesting because this is what I am going to do with mine. I'd like to see their schematic. I want to try and follow the factory if I can.
Old July 28th, 2015, 12:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm confused. What part of that link leads you to think its a new body? The engine/ tranny combos are upgraded, as is some of the interior, but its basically the same van as yours......Thank God.

I was so worried that GM would cave into this Euro crap tin can garbage that the other manufacturers are putting out.

Another year of a solid full frame van with v8 power. Whew.
Old July 28th, 2015, 8:10 AM
CF Pro Member

I'm sorry, it was a joke meant to get you all exited and riled up. The forum seems quiet. My bad.
Old July 28th, 2015, 5:40 PM
CF Veteran

lol............................
Old July 31st, 2015, 6:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't mind that navigation radio and single pane mirrors. I hate the split mirrors.
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:02 AM
CF Pro Member

Yeah, I hated the mirrors at first too. Well, not true. At first I thought they looked cool and upgraded from the old convex stick on's. Then when I first drove, I hated them, I couldn't grasp all the areas I wanted too. But once adjusted, I am used to them and I am fine with them. Still can't say I know every cut off point in each mirror, but I am confident enough to trust them.

The Radio... me too. Well, it's definitely had me thinking of a potential upgrade to that radio. Those radio's from certain vehicles work in our vans. I don't remember the specific's, but some of them will work if you just plug them in (programmed of course). I've never been a fan of RED on a dash. Especially since I read something in the 1980's about softer dash colors resulting in less angry, calmer driving habits. Makes sense to me. Cool white, orange needles is what I like. The Aqua was weird when it came out, but now I like it.
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:56 AM
CF Veteran

The only thing those split mirrors are good for is to angle the small one down so you can see your rear tire for parking. You still need a stick on on the upper mirror or you leave a huge blind spot. They suck for sure....
Old August 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Uh oh... I'd better spend time re-evaluating what I actually see. I probably need to spend sometime pulling along side something and seeing exactly where that blind spot is. I am generally always checking my mirrors, a habit I thank my father for, so I generally know who's around me at what speed. But thanks for the heads up, I'll put that on the too do list.
Old November 30th, 2015, 10:08 PM
CF Pro Member

GmAuthority States:

2017 Express Savana - Same Platform, with minor changes
2019... - Perhaps a new model.

Quick Reply: 2016 Media Release