Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Express & G-Series Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default 3500 Express 70 MPH Limiter

Hello Forum Gurus

I recently purchased a used 2010 Express van from a company that went out of buisness, when I test drove the van it rode like a dream so I purchased it for the price it was a steal. The dream became a nightmare when I got on the highway and tried to get passed 70 MPH it would bog down I began digging through the internet and found that Chevy provides a 70 MPH limiter (ELEC SPD GOV(9B9)) I cant have this on this truck.

My question is there any way to eliminate or even tweek this module to get a little more top end out of this vehicle. Any true suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have spent hours searching the web along with forums to see if anyone has asked this and came up with nothing so I decided to post a thread.

In advanced thank you very much for any and all help!!!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 PM
CF Addict

not anymore Kevin Koloff

Theres got to be a fuse for it, but it might not run at all without the fuse in for it as a saftey feature. Only reason I can think of for it is just for delivery speeding liabilities for a company.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
CF Veteran

the top speed is governed by the programming in the ecm. It will need to be reprogrammed. don't know if the dealer can/will program that out...a tuner/programmer (edge) may be the way to go...remember to put the factory programming back in when you return to the dealer for warranty work.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
CF Veteran

look where the OBD2 interface is. See if there is a control harness connected to it. Or if there are TWO of them.

I work with a company that puts these limiters in their Ford E Series Superduty trucks. It limits the speed to 55mph max. If you disconnect this device from the OBD2 connector then the speed limiter is ineffective. You may have the same thing. If not then a trip to the dealer to reprogram the top speed in your PCM is needed.

"My 98 Oldsmobile is so Super Sperrrrrrrrm! Suckers to the side I know you hate...my 98!! You gonna get yours! Get with it, the ultimate homeboy car."

Public Enemy "You Gonna Get Yours"
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM

Tags
2011, 3500, 70, auto, chevy, connector, disconnect, express, limited, limiter, mph, obdii, questions, speed, truck, van