Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

92 G2500 (GMC) Vandura AC Condenser

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2014, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 G2500 (GMC) Vandura AC Condenser

Just acquired a nice 92 2500 Conversion.....rust-free, well-maintained, really nice looking....until the argument with the deer. Directly between the headlights. Which is why it was pretty reasonably priced, I guess. Have all the bits collected to make it pretty again...grille, radiator, etc. Am having just a heck of a time locating a condenser and radiator fan shroud, though. Condenser is a Harrison, roughly 32" x 14" x 1 3/8"....has a tag that has the Harrison logo, "English Fittings", and a window where I would have thought a p/n would be....can't see one. Fittings appear to be #6 and #8 AN-type...5/8 and 3/4 male fittings on the condenser. Have ordered (and returned) three aftermarket condensers....all seem to be metric on both outlet and inlet, and much thinner. Conversation with on junkyard yesterday told me that "92 was one-year only" for that condenser. Any ideas ?
Fan shroud also seems to be a hard to come by item, at least up here in the wilds of Minnesota.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Old July 26th, 2014, 12:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would call dealer to confirm part info. Then call parts dealer for price of new....then search used from there.