Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Express & G-Series Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation About : 2500 Chevrolet G20 Van Vandura 1989 4.3L V6 (automatic transmission problem)

About : 2500 Chevrolet G20 Van Vandura 1989 4.3L V6 (automatic transmission problem)
Hi ! I got some troubles with my new chevy that I don’t manage to understand, I’d really appreciate if you could “bring me you lights” !
I have been owning it for one week, I have a cooling liquid leak, when I make the level, the liquid flows under the engine (engine hot), but I do not know where. I have changed a part of the radiator at the top right of it : A screw on a hose which was connected rather thin (10 mm in diameter). I have not made the level again, there is no more cooling liquid flowing under the engine, and if I watch the thermostat, the engine heats and cools down properly.
This leak has stained the engine, and since the engine is hot when I ride, it’s hard to gear to the third speed, the engine is over-revving on the second one (I mean the engine revs up I hope you understand) . I have to decerelate in order to gear up to the third speed, but it works more or less.
I don't know how to deal with an automatic, I'm French and I only drive manual transmissions.
Is that possible that an oily belt (driving belt I think) would slip and prevents from gearing up ? Because the engine also slips in reverse (R).
I hope I was clear enough, I am French and my English is not perfect, particularly with specialized vocabulary ! Do not hesitate to ask me for some precisions if not !
Regards, Aurelien.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Tags
1989, 20, 2500, 43, 89, box, chevorlet, chevy, g20, motor, transmission, v6, van, vandura, vendura