Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

All Bedrug Interior

Old February 21st, 2016, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Bedrug Interior

Most of you are familiar with Van Rug or Bed Rug floors....but did you know they also sell the fabric by the yard !

I decided to do my interior in all bedrug...

The coolest thing about this interior is the fact that I drilled no holes (except for the tiny cleats holding in the window panels),.....I used all of the existing holes and secured my panels with Christmas tree fastners and/or contact cement...You have to panel the van then make a 2nd layer of panels that you can upholster to....and relief cut the back of the bedrug before stapling it down...

So what do you think???

I did my first van in 1976 (dodge B200).....still playing with vans 40 years later !!!!
Attached Thumbnails All Bedrug Interior-img_0461.jpg   All Bedrug Interior-img_0459.jpg   All Bedrug Interior-img_0458.jpg   All Bedrug Interior-img_0460.jpg   All Bedrug Interior-img_0457.jpg  

All Bedrug Interior-img_0462.jpg   All Bedrug Interior-img_0463.jpg  
Old February 21st, 2016, 1:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

well done.
Old February 21st, 2016, 1:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice work. I like your seams and joins.
How do you like your chrome caps for the mirrors and door handles? Are they peel and stick or do you mechanically fasten them?
Your new mags sure do stick out far. Are there spacers in behind you could remove to recess them more? If not maybe some nice chrome trimmed mudflaps to protect the paint from getting sandblasted off....lol.
Old February 21st, 2016, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default my mods.,...

the seams are the hard part because you have to line up the finish panel before you let it stick...you can't adjust contact cement/

wheels have the same backspacing as stock...stock was 7" wide these are 8" wide...so they only stick out 1" over stock....I like the look and I don't think mudflaps would look good....I live in florida and there is no road dirt here.

the chrome on the mirrors and door handles is a $99 kit from ebay...Lick and stick.

I have swapped out the rear doors (to no windows) changed out the Halo....changed the grille....changed out the bumpers to chrome...Added the glove box...did the interior mods...put on the aftermarket wheels/tires....all for about $5000.........My plan is to ship it up to Pennsylvania to Quigley for a 4x4 conversion...

I did my first Van in 1976......40 years ago...I love doin this ****...it keeps me young.
Old February 21st, 2016, 4:14 PM
CF Veteran

Nice.
I am looking at buying a 2013 savana passenger SLE all wheel drive. Loaded except for power mirrors....which is kinda weird, and nav. It has remote start, locking diff, bluetooth, uplevel stereo, etc. It looks really nice, and could be a good replacement for my 2002 ls express passenger.
I may do the mags as well. I just don't know about the tpms sensors.....is it better to have a complete diff set of wheel for snow tires, or pay to have the rubber swapped each season. Nice to be in florida where you dn't have to worry about that...lol.
Old February 21st, 2016, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

with a complete new set.....you can change them.....when you swap out tires, the tire place makes money...
Old February 21st, 2016, 7:57 PM
CF Veteran

True....but the relearn process seems to change from time to time.....

Search this Thread