Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Bose Stereo Speaker issue 2001 Chevy Express LT

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2013, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bose Stereo Speaker issue 2001 Chevy Express LT

I recently bought a 01 Chevy Express LT to haul my show dogs to dog shows in. It has the Bose stereo system in it.

It had 46,000 miles on it and I got it for $5500 so I think it was a fair price for the condition it is in.

My problem is that the R passenger speakers and ALL of the ones in the back are not working. The only speaker that does work is the driver door.

The R passenger is muffled if you turn the dial to that side, but there is no sound coming out of the rear at all when you direct sound to the back.

The previous owner told me the VCR in the entertainment console didnt work and it is disconnected. It appears that someone re-wired something under the center console to the cig lighters on either side of the console. I took the console apart and removed the VCR.

I really have no plans to use the entertainment center, but I would like to troubleshoot and figure out what to do about the speakers to make them work.

My Haines repair manual shows nothing in regards to stereo diagrams, but I got it for my boyfriend to do tune ups and minor repairs.

Can someone give me an idea where to start to look to see where the speakers may be disconnected?

Some other info... the user manual for the van said that the power button must be turned off for the rear speakers to work. It is off. I have not tried plugging in ear phones to see if the radio works in the rear. The headphones sold originally with the van are missing. The video screen does come on when it flips down. The seller gave me a CD player to use in the van, so I guess that gets plugged into the rear AUX to use, but it does not have a power supply with it. So, that is pretty useless.

I realize I am asking blind and this may be difficult to answer. I would just like to see if I can figure it out (or my boyfriend) before having to spend the money to take it to a stereo shop for them to fix.

Thanks ! Andrea
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck,
Jim