Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Bought '06 Express AWD: Headliner removal? Spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought '06 Express AWD: Headliner removal? Spark plugs?

Hi all,

I just came home with a 2006 Express (5.3L AWD) with 110K and it's in amazing shape. I'm converting it into a "campervan." In the process of the conversion, I'm insulating the whole thing, but I can't get the headliner out.

How the heck do I remove the headliner? I've pulled the plastic plugs at the rear and removed all the screws from the visors. I can't seem to get the trim off the A-pillars or B-Pillars though. (B-pillars appear to be held on by the seat belt bolt - haven't figured that out either).

Also, if anyone has any other words of wisdom or things I should do/check, I'd love to hear suggestions! The van is new to me and I'm hoping to have a long and happy life together. Express owners, please chime in!

EDIT - I moved my spark plug question to the General Tech forum.

Last edited by ClangClang; June 21st, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old June 21st, 2014, 9:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pick up a haynes repair manual. Might have some insight. I have never removed mine, so I am not sure.
My 2002 has the vortec, and it calls for iridium plugs.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the Haynes manual - just a good thing to keep around. Unfortunately, no mention of the headliner or any removal instructions. Still looking...
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The a pillars should just pop off, on the passenger side you probably have a grab bar to remove first On the B pillars, you do have to remove the seat belt thing to get it off. Might have to start on the bottom piece and then remove the upper. There are two plastic push retainers on the bottom of the bottom piece.

It has been a year or so, so I might be off a little. I seem to recall the plastic piece that is on the seat belt adjuster just pops off too, but again, just from memory.
The following users liked this post:
PlaneMechNH (November 10th, 2020)