Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Buying 1980 G20

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2016, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 1980 G20

Hi all,

I've been after a decent G20 dayvan for a long time, not too many for sale here in the UK. I've finally found one that I think looks good - a 1980 G20 5.7 that has done 33,000 miles with a VGC interior, recent respray and rust treatment, LPG conversion and good history.

I'm going to see it next week before buying - can anyone give me some tips on what to look for when viewing and test driving it. Really want to do what I can to make sure that the mechanicals / electrics are in good shape before handing over any money.

Thanks for any help.
Keith
Old November 11th, 2016, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you buy it.. ask the seller if you can have him and you go to your mechanic and have it checked ..this way you have a certified mechanic let you
know what is wrong if anything.. and also tell you the good points. Always a pro always in your best interest ok. The mechanic may want to charge you a bit of cash for doing this for you.. or a small shop fee.... about ten pounds .
kat