Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Can anyone tell me what this wiring harness is?

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2016, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me what this wiring harness is?

It's a 1988 chevy camper van g20 with a 306

Old September 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Whatever is on the far right, is not factory.

The Left and the Middle I would presume is the Engine Harness and the Forward Fuse Box / Lights, etc.
Old September 15th, 2016, 6:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The power distribution block looks factory, just no the extra big red wire going to it. The battery on that side is also an addition.....Should be passenger side.
I am also guessing that its the back of the fuse block going to the area above the gas pedal.......
Old September 15th, 2016, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Jeez that can't be good lol. I just bought the van and drove it to storage so I'll have to check of there is an additional battery. Is it possible that because it's a camper van the design is different? I guess my next question would be is the entire harness and wiring difficult to replace and what do you think caused it to melt? Thanks for the replies btw
Old September 19th, 2016, 2:50 AM
CF Beginner

Also does anyone know of a good website to order these wire harness from or is it a dealership sort of thing?
Old September 19th, 2016, 7:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I always just watch ebay and craigslist for that stuff otherwise you pay through the nose. You can order through a "GM Parts Warehouse" (not actually GM buy dedicated to). Your van is older right? Your best to write an online wrecker or an ebay member who wrecks these vans. They'll likely pull the parts right from a van in their yard. If you find a place to order parts, I am looking for an underseat circuit board for a 2014.