Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Entertainment System Manual

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Entertainment System Manual

I recently purchased a 2001 Chevrolet Express passenger van. It had no owner's manuals with it but I was able to pick up one on eBay. There is no mention of the VCR entertainment system in the owner's manual or how the connections to the rear of the side doors operate. Does anyone know where I can obtain information on this or send me a copy of theirs?
Old December 18th, 2014, 9:34 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the vcr would have to be part of a conversion package. So that won't be listed anywhere, you will have to probably dig in and see what is what. As far as I know, no conversion company makes a repair manual on their work. or at lest none they allow out to the consumer

Then, I am not sure what you mean by the connection to the rear of the side doors mean? Speaker wires? door lock wires? How the doors are attached?
Old December 18th, 2014, 9:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entertainment manual

When I bought my conversion van it was new, but a left over ('97 in '98).
No info at all on the conversion and no remote for the VCR player. I should have pursued it then, the conversion company's out of business now.
Anyway, I did find info on the internet for the TV and the VCR player.
So, my suggestion is to try the conversion company first, then look on the web for info.
Old December 19th, 2014, 5:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tsbrewers
Well, the vcr would have to be part of a conversion package. So that won't be listed anywhere, you will have to probably dig in and see what is what. As far as I know, no conversion company makes a repair manual on their work. or at lest none they allow out to the consumer

Then, I am not sure what you mean by the connection to the rear of the side doors mean? Speaker wires? door lock wires? How the doors are attached?
I looked on the internet at GM Parts - East and in their schematic diagram of parts, they show the VCR (#22 on the diagram) and the rear connections (#16 on the diagram) to the VCR behind the two passenger side doors (some vans have one sliding door. The rear connections consist of RCA plugs for video and audio, audio volume control *****, and several unlabeled *****. Chevrolet shows these parts on their parts list but they do not carry them anymore because the van is almost 14 years old. I can understand that but would like to have been able to see the owner's manual for these items.

http://www.gmpartseast.com/Page_Prod...=54G&Year=2001

Last edited by Black'95; December 19th, 2014 at 5:02 PM.
Old December 20th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manuals

If you can see the manufacturers name and model number, you may still be able to find info on the web- I'm sure GM didn't make those parts.