Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

First Ding

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2015, 10:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First Ding

I was parked next to a guy yesterday, he was working outside, I asked him if he was ok with the room, he said yes... I knew he hit my truck, but with all the circumstances I didn't say anything. Tonight, I was talking to my neighbour, not only is there a white mark present, which I semi knew about... there's an actual DING.

I blame myself for parking there, but I had to. What an clown in my opinion. I'd love to at least say something to the guy. He would have had to have actually swung the door with force to ding my truck. People are... I have to stop thinking about it, but I thought I'd share. It's always downhill with ownership from here, the first ding.
Old July 30th, 2015, 11:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been rather lucky with my van, but my wife has a nice little black car...and that thing is getting hurt on.......lots of a-holes out there.
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a little odd that you knew he hit your truck and didn't sat anything...
Old August 1st, 2015, 9:52 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was working, I have a bad habit at work of concentrating at the job at hand, especially in an environment where there's lots of people I don't know and I have a lot to do. When I realized he actually dinged it I wanted to tear a strip off him. But that wasn't until long after. I actually went by there yesterday, if he was there I was going to say something to him. Even showing a friend last night, my friend the guy must have really swung his door not caring.

I'm not like that. I tend to respect other peoples cars and I am careful I don't bang my doors on them.

Done now. There's actually three dings in it from the Dealership/Factory. From the inside of the van out. It looked fine when I bought it, but the first day I had it I noticed them. They are tiny, I guess this is a good excuse to get off my butt and see one of those dent/ding remover guys. See if they can actually do anything.