Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Frame mount battery tray

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2015, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame mount battery tray

Looking for info on a frame mount battery tray for 2003 express 2500. i did see a post with a GM part number and i looked it up however it appears to be for a conventional sized battery (24, 27, 31 etc).

i would like to install a 4d size battery (2 actually) under the van attached to the frame.

so looking for a frame mount tray/bracket/box/system or w/e that will fit a single 4D battery (ill need 2). id really rather not go with 4 31's even if its possible to buy 4 trays that work.

im looking to relocate house batteries from inside van to outside van. i had been using 4d AGM and would like to use less expensive wet cells but would need to put them outside.
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:55 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to a fabrication shop, there is no such factory part.
Old December 8th, 2015, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Go to a fabrication shop, there is no such factory part.

i made a few sketchup designs as having one welded up was what i was planning but i started thinking about schools buses and commercial vehicles with diesels...they must have some factory or upfitter made trays for their large and/or dual battery setups...so i thought maybe someone would know.
Old December 9th, 2015, 6:32 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cygvan
i made a few sketchup designs as having one welded up was what i was planning but i started thinking about schools buses and commercial vehicles with diesels...they must have some factory or upfitter made trays for their large and/or dual battery setups...so i thought maybe someone would know.
Yes, for custom parts look on eBay, search the Internet, they are there. Otherwise you are just asking us to work for your entertainment in my view.
Old December 10th, 2015, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Yes, for custom parts look on eBay, search the Internet, they are there. Otherwise you are just asking us to work for your entertainment in my view.
please turn off your computer and take your medication.

this is a legitimate question. i have a unique situation that requires a unique solution. the responses im hoping to get would be educational not entertainment.

and fyi, i have searched the internet and its usual places for what im looking for. is there something wrong with reaching out to a forum such as this for help? how do you think i found this forum to begin with?