Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuse Block??

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2010, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse Block??

I have a 2005 Express 3500 V8. My left cigarette lighter is not working & I believe the fuse has blown. I cannot find the fuse block. Can you tell me where it is located? I have the service manuals, but not the electrical & I can't find the fuses.
Thanks, Al
Two days later, I found the fuse block in the driver's side in the engine compartment. Now I can't get the top off. Any suggestions?

Last edited by AlPleaswy; June 26th, 2010 at 6:55 AM. Reason: New Info
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a while since I pulled a fuse cover. It was on an 06, same setup. It was a bear. I remember popping it up by prying out (with fingers only) the clips that are molded on the sides of the cover. It came up but was blocked by some lines. I slid it over towards the engine, angled, down, and then was able to tip it on its side down into the engine compartment and work it into a position where I could extract it. It was equally tough getting back in.

I hope to not be removing / reinstalling this very often!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There are two fuse boxes, the one under the hood by the steering gear and one under the driver's seat. Both are a pain to get to.

The one under the hood in my 05 had a recall to replace the cover. The recall stated that the original design was easily broken. They replaced mine (or so they said), and I didn't think anything more of it. Then a couple weeks ago I needed to open it to get power for my tranny gauge, it was already broken, just loosly sitting in there. Now it's out of warranty. Guess I'll just zip tie it, or maybe one of those small bungees. Those of you that live where it actually rains might want to check yours.

Just like when they replaced the seat belt which was said to not latch properly. The new one wouldn't release one day, (just after the warranty ran out). I had to buy another one.