Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Glue in side window glass

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2015, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Glue in side window glass

Hey..has anybody installed or replaced the glue in side or rear windows on a 2005 or similar express van? I currently have no windows in the barn doors and would like to install one in the front 60% door. What adhesive is used and should I try this myself? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Old October 29th, 2015, 8:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you sure they are glued in? My factory windows are not glued. I forget how it works at the moment, but there's no glue I believe. All the aftermarket I see are held in with rubber gaskets. At least to my knowledge, I maybe wrong.
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The sheet metal work on the factory door is different when made to hold a window. Simply cutting a hole is not good enough. It will flex and break.
It would be better to swap the door out with one purchased from a wrecker. Or contact a body shop.
Old November 25th, 2015, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the flush look glass wont install in the blank doors by simply cutting out the hole, perhaps a non-flush window would be the answer. CH Laurence is a brand ive come across while surfing. wont look as nice in my opinion.